lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax DCX400 Troubleshoot ???

I will and thank you everyone who helped.
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The green light indicates the controller is powered up. I don't think they are 'on' all the time....
They aren't on all the time. When you hook up the computer cable to them, if you don't have them powered up, your pooter won't recognize the device. Proof that they don't stay on. Lot's of people found out they don't stay on when they made that connection.

Edit: I see that the conversation has gotten past this point, but just wanted to make sure this issue was satisfied.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The guy at alltrax says the controller need to be reprogrammed after converting to 48V? I have never in the MANY years I have been working on golf carts heard such a load of crap. Sounds more to me like the guy at alltrax feels that the controller is malfunctioning and wants to replace it before it fails on you. I would write down the serial number before I mailed it to them and see if the one you get back matches.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #24
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
The guy at alltrax says the controller need to be reprogrammed after converting to 48V? I have never in the MANY years I have been working on golf carts heard such a load of crap. Sounds more to me like the guy at alltrax feels that the controller is malfunctioning and wants to replace it before it fails on you. I would write down the serial number before I mailed it to them and see if the one you get back matches.......
Who did you talk to there?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #25
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's just about the just of it. He said that the controller should the voltage with no problem what so ever. He said he sure that the problem was already there and the 48v just seem to make it start acting up. He was very supportive the whole time we talked as a matter of fact that's about the best customer service I've had in a long time.
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #26
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Honestly, there are 3 Companies out there that I really enjoy doing business with.... Alltrax, FSIP and Schauer. All 3 have the best customer service I have ever seen. I have had the guys from FSIP walk me through oddball setup's so many times and never charge a dime for their time, Alltrax has never let me down on warranty issues, and Schauer has been a dream to work with......
Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #27
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

OK just wired up a PDS cart tonight, yellow wire lets say small left post of solenoid, blue wire small right post of solenoid... RED wire to left large post of solenoid, most of the rest of the connections are pretty much straight though.

Give me a minute I am uploading some pics to Photobucket I will be right back, I made the same mistake earlier and retraced wires, found my problem all good.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Ok in the first pic this is where i made my mistake, I hooked the red and yellow wire up the the small left post, when I tried to check everything the controller was on and I had not touched the key swich,(it was off)

Ok the second and third pic I had separated the red wire and put it on the large left post of the solenoid, took for a small test run,,,,,all good, sorry first pic little blurry.

This is just to show how I finished it.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #29
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lost, do you realize you have the fuze hooked to the wrong wire? Alltrax wants that fuze on the negative side of the circuit...... Clean install though.

Curious.... why run the wires to the P/S of the heatsink? D/S of the heatsink would be a shorter run AND you wouldn't have to worry about the spacing when you put the body back on......
Old 08-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #30
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Lost, do you realize you have the fuze hooked to the wrong wire? Alltrax wants that fuze on the negative side of the circuit...... Clean install though.

Curious.... why run the wires to the P/S of the heatsink? D/S of the heatsink would be a shorter run AND you wouldn't have to worry about the spacing when you put the body back on......
According to the Alltrax manual, you can hook the fuse to either neg or pos, if your exp tells other wise I can move it. I have always hooked them to the pos. wire.

I think I follow you on P/S and D/S can you spell out, not good at texting, getting better though LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO