lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
321sholar
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Ezgo dcs won't go

97 ezgo dcs txt won't move at all.Batteries tested at 37.5 volts, same voltage found on battery side of solenoid. Solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed once pedal is released solenoid is slow to kick out.Also checked reed switch it's okay.Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to check?
321sholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Ezgo dcs won't go

Welcome !!!

Go to the Home link, look under EZGO and in the electric section there is a diagnostics link posted by Scottyb, use that it is helpful in figuring out what is wrong with your cart.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the other side of the solenoid? Is power getting thru?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
321sholar
Not Yet Wild

I checked voltage on controller side of solenoid it was 37.2 volts the same as battery side of solenoid.With the key switch turned on I had the same voltage on all four post of the solenoid, with switch turned off I have 11.9 volts on both small terminals.I need more advice please.
321sholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like you need a new solenoid and a new Diode for the solenoid.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Post Re: 97 Ezgo dcs won't go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321sholar View Post
97 ezgo dcs txt won't move at all.Batteries tested at 37.5 volts, same voltage found on battery side of solenoid. Solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed once pedal is released solenoid is slow to kick out.Also checked reed switch it's okay.Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to check?
Check to make sure all the cables are tightened. All of them. I know, I know, sounds stupid and simple, but I had the same problem, so I took a ratchet and tightened all of the cables very tightly, and it ran again.

Hope this helps!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO