lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
RogerB123
Not Yet Wild

Default My EZGO wont stop

I just bought an EZGO and it has a lift and big tires. I cannot get it to brake well at all....Are the brakes bad , need adjusting or is this a result of the big wheels?
Also I was told it was a 2006 and refurbished in 2009 so if I need to order parts do I order 2006 parts or 2009? I am not even sure what gets refurbished when they get refurbished. Any help on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
RogerB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My EZGO wont stop

Ezgo brakes are notoriously ineffective. Big tires do make it worse. All you can do is make sure the shoes & drums are in good shape & clean and properly adjusted.

There is an id tag in the passenger glove box. The last 2 digits of the manufacture code will tell the year the cart was produced.
Everybody's refurbs are a little different. Some do more than others when it comes to replacing brake cables and brakes or ignition switches and whatnot.... others just fix what's broken, slap some paint on em and call it good ......There is no standard, a refurb is as good as the Co. that did it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: My EZGO wont stop

if its lifted and has bigger tires theres a good possibility its in the brake cables ..............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO