lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
pitbulld45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What I have learned about my Marathon.

I purchased a 94 marathon for hunting. When I got it it had a loud noise in the rearend or motor. So I began searching and learning. I have wrote this so it will be easier for others. If I put something wrong Im sure it will be corrected. I will add as time goes.

1. To check if the noise is in the diff or the motor. Take the motor off, jack the rear up and spin tires. If the noise is still there it is in the diff. Most likely bad bearings.
2. Just because it runs doesnt mean its wired right. My cart was real slow and I found out the batteries were not wired in a proper series.
3. If you go to Shopezgo.com and put in your serial number it will tell you year and model.
4. The metal body was last put on the 94 marathon. 94.5 went to a fiberglass body on the medallist.
5. The freeze plugs are 1 and 7/8 inches and can be purchased at your local auto parts store for a few bucks (they are a little longer so leave some sticking out of the hole or cut some of the outer lip off if you are good).
6. The diff fluid is 10w30 and it never hurts to change it out.
7. You can knock the freeze plugs out by tapping on the opposite side and if you are real carefull you can reuse them.
8. You can find all of the answers to your questions if you look long and hard enough on this site.
9. just because your motor doesnt work doesnt mean it is junk. Mine stopped working and with limited knowledge I took it apart and looked inside of it. I saw a loose wire that was broken. I soldiered it back together and the motor worked fine.
10.To test the motor on my 94 marathon (36v) Connect a wire from a2 to s2 then connect a wire from a 12 volt power source negative to s1 and the positive to a1. If the motor is good it should turn slowley (mine did after I fixed the wire).
pitbulld45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: What I have learned about my Marathon.

pitbulld45 Welcome

Nice testing learning fast--hey in number 4--the medalist 93-99 has a metal body

good to hear you fixed your motor,--why did you knock the freeze plug in the rear end ??

Have fun with it--

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
pitbulld45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Rib thanks for the correction on the metal body. I knocked the freeze plugs out so I could change all of the bearings.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
rib33024

Thats kool --every thing running good, did you get any pics of the bearing change, I'am sure others would like to see how to do it, we like pics around here-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
pitbulld45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No I didnt think bout it. It got rid of the noise that the cart had.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO