lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax DCX500 diagnostic issue

I just looked at the pics again......

You put the jumper in the wrong place...... That is why you are getting sparks.... You have to place the jumper between the LARGE posts not the small posts...... Hopefully you didn't blow anything by jumpering the small posts.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #22
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

are you asking if i've been having sparks? i haven't, till i just tried to reconnect the b+. to recap: i removed the diode, left the blue and yellow attached where they were, since the cart was working fine like that before, and jumped the two LARGE posts this time with an old 6ga cable. went to connect the b+ and arc welded a little, didn't leave it on there, obviously. yes, i am putting it in tow mode. getting a little frustrated now, its a good afternoon to be riding!
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #23
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The whole sparking thing with this cart bothers me but, it ran for hours?

ran about 3 miles last night and long enough this morning to pull it into the back yard.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

also, if anyone has a sec, could you confirm that 'TOW' is towards the red and orange wires on the switch?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunner View Post
are you asking if i've been having sparks? i haven't, till i just tried to reconnect the b+. to recap: i removed the diode, left the blue and yellow attached where they were, since the cart was working fine like that before, and jumped the two LARGE posts this time with an old 6ga cable. went to connect the b+ and arc welded a little, didn't leave it on there, obviously. yes, i am putting it in tow mode. getting a little frustrated now, its a good afternoon to be riding!
I have never seen a sepex system yet that didn't spark a little when you connect the B+ wire to the battery pack regardless of the switch being in tow or run. when you say arc welded, was it getting hot to the touch? I can't confirm the tow switch direction but a quick check with a multimeter set for continuity should confirm which direction it should be in.

sorry for the delayed response but I was doing some yard work
Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no problem, thanks for all of your help so far.

no, it was just sparked and blackened the battery nut when i tried to reconnect the b+, mine normally doesn't spark, when i had the jumper on the two big posts of the solenoid. i took the jumper back off, put the diode back on and hooked up the batt again with no spark; but the light started flashing...

something that's bothering me about all this is that the controller always seems to have power regardless of key switch position or run/tow switch position. as soon as i get the batt reconnected the light starts flashing green.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok on the small posts for the solenoid, one side should have JUST the blue wire on it. The other side should have the white and yellow wire from the keyswitch, the red wire from the pedal box and the yellow wire from the controller attached to it. Is the wiring correct?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #28
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no, that's not what i have. i don't have a white wire. just one of each of the following: red, blue and yellow. i had red going to the large solenoid post on the controller side, and the yellow and blue on opposite small posts with the diode.

in your wiring does it matter which side the blue and yellow wires are on (and i guess the red wire would be with the yellow)?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #29
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was going by the wiring diagram. the power wiring from/to the keyswitch is what color? the diagram says it should be a yellow and a white/yellow with the yellow coming from the direction selector and the whit/yellow coming from the solenoid (attached to the same small post as the yellow and the red wire).

No, it shouldn't make a difference regarding the 2 small posts as long as the banded side of the diode is towards the post that the yellow,red and white/yellow wires are mounted to.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am also in & out but just to answer your question about the polarity of the solenoid activation circuit..... No the small posts are not polarity sensitive. YES the diode between them is polarity sensitive. So while switching the blue and yellow wires on the small terminals makes no difference at all to the solenoid ... it makes a world of difference to the diode which is marked with a silver band on one end and that silver banded end must be on the same side as the positive wire (yellow). Hope this clears up my comment earlier about having the diode backwards...... remove the diode for a moment and put it in your pocket. It may have a problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO