lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need Help Picking Out New Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 817michaelj View Post
Motor showed up today, got it installed, it looked real good but maybe i was expecting to much. 20 mph is all i am getting. I was hoping for more. I guess it is time to look at changing gear ratio. Any body tried 8:1 or 6:1 gears? If so how much difference in speed? I am not sure what is in it now as this cart came from EZ GO as a 2+2 and i removed the rear seat and set it up for golf. I do know that it has five leafs in the rear springs and it is to ruff of a ride. Dont know if they put lower gears in a 2+2 or not. Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks
Michael:
6:1 gears should get you 30 mph, if my figuring is correct. You will lose torque, but if you are not concerned about that then it will definitely give u your speed. You might consider 8:1 gears, maybe someone with more experience in gear changes will chime in?
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did your torque increase? If so 8:1 may be fine. If controller is stock, you would need to go with a higher amp controller to help with loss of torque, going from 12.44:1 to 8:1 ratio. You're at 4500rpm if your still on stock tires, if you can keep those rpms you'll gain 10mph. Or you can convert to 48v and gain about the same, rpms will go up to 6000 on stock gears. Or you could do all of the above....$$$ Speed costs! It sure is fun, though!
athomas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

You're asking too much of a cart. No matter what, it is still a golf cart and major modifications will start to break the bank. Like athomas03 said, speed costs, a lot. A controller on a series cart should get you only torque. Consider converting to 48 volts. And you will go much faster.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO