lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Strange sound from controller??

I have a EZGO (Feb 2000) DCS type Serial # 1250809, standard setup with 36volt batteries May 2008. It seems to run OK; however, when the run, tow/maintenance switch is switched to tow position you can hear a faint sound from the controller. My best description of this sound is that it is similar to the backup alarm but much fainter. The sound seems to continue weather the key is on or off. When the switch is put in the run position, the sound seems to change pitch and get much fainter i.e. you can barely hear it but it is there.

So the question is: Is this something I should be concerned about and if so how is it corrected.

Thanks,
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
redriderno22
let it SNOW

Club Car

Default Re: Strange sound from controller??

sounds like your cart is trying to tell you something

that alarm will sound if there is a problem like undervoltage, overheating, and if you try to tow it without fliping the switch

start by checking ALL of the connections on the batteries, motor and controller
to see if it cures the problem
redriderno22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
dvmartin
Getting Wild

I've checked all connections and everything is tight with no signs of overheating and/or corrosion. Battery charge shows good and as noted cart runs well. It just makes this odd sound.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
BLakeside
Gone Wild

David
i don't have an answer to your problem but my series cart did the same thing after I rinsed the battery's with water and got water on the electronics (controller, reverse buzzer, solenoid and FnR). I removed the ground wire from the buzzer,went back the next day expecting the pack to be low but it wasn't, so I reconnected the buzzer. Everything has been normal since then. The noise I was hearing was very faint.
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO