lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What motor/controller do i need to spinout? 48v

ok juvenile question but what motor/controller do i need to spinout in the sand or dirt? I want to stick with stock 48volts. I have a 2003 DS IQ. Its pretty fast. Speed Code 4 with 23" tires gets me 22 mph, but like the title says i want to be able to spin out if i punch the throttle. Right now it i guess this is normal it seems like its programed to roll on the power rather than give me all 100% as soon as i punch the throttle.

I want 100% of what it has at 0 rpm. Also i know ill upgrade to at least 4ga calbes, but will a Plum Quick bandit and maybe a 500amp controller get spinning the mud/sand?
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What motor/controller do i need to spinout? 48v

noone? :( :(
Old 07-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Big blocked Ezgo .Just kidding , be patient and I'm sure some of the C C guys will chime in to help you soon!
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

lol - thanks.

I mean they have alot bigger electric motors for cars and UTV's like the Polaris one, are we capped at around 11hp with our trans/setup? Or can we use something else?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm a gasser guy but I'll bet if you call the guys @ PlumQuick they'll hook you right up with what you need to throw a nice (mud/sand) roostertail
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you put a bigger controller in her like a 500a Alltrax and program it for a strong start you will gain about 40% torque off the line which should spin those tires from a stop and gain you about 5 mph... provided you have good enough cables to deliver the goods
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you put a bigger controller in her like a 500a Alltrax and program it for a strong start you will gain about 40% torque off the line which should spin those tires from a stop and gain you about 5 mph... provided you have good enough cables to deliver the goods
oh wow just a 500a controller %40 more, sweet! Im not looking for rooster tails but %40 more would be awesome.

so the controllers can be programmed to allow for a roll on type of throttle or instant on? Like my truck had a WOT restriction where you wouldnt get full power at WOT till like 30 mph. After a handheld tuner that was gone and i can now roast tires. not that i do, but i want the ability to do so!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

I believe the PQ Bandit is a high speed motor, so it would have negative effect on your low end torque. As Scotty said, a 500 amp programable should get you where you want. You will have to program for a hard throttle response.

Remember your running gear isn't made for that kind of torque. I learned the hard way and broke both my rear leafs at the same time!!
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferjw1 View Post
I believe the PQ Bandit is a high speed motor, so it would have negative effect on your low end torque. As Scotty said, a 500 amp programable should get you where you want. You will have to program for a hard throttle response.

Remember your running gear isn't made for that kind of torque. I learned the hard way and broke both my rear leafs at the same time!!
tru about the rear leafs. I do have the HD lift leafs. they are super stiff will they help handle the extra torque?

Also i hear you on the PQ Bandit but they do say 25% more torque. is that wrong?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
tru about the rear leafs. I do have the HD lift leafs. they are super stiff will they help handle the extra torque?

Also i hear you on the PQ Bandit but they do say 25% more torque. is that wrong?

I don't know about that? I do know you have to program an Alltrax to play nice with a PQ motor.
PQ uses a lot of FSIP controllers.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car