lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 03 CC Pathway wont do anything

Hey guys I've been all over the site for a week now and have crammed so much info that its all running together and making me second guess everything I'm doing....was hoping someone with some knowledge on a pathway cart could help me figure out how to get this thing goin. I can post a pic of anything we need I've got a service manual for it and still cant seem to figure out just which part/parts I need to replace without buying a bunch of trial and error parts until it works.....already sunk 350.00 in it with the Club Car dealership here and it still does the exact same thing.....which is...NOTHING! After using a multi meter and alot of reading I think I need a Mcor, Solenoid, and possibly the OBC,.....which is why Im second guessing my test results as its starting to look like I need everything ..... It all started when my nephew mowed down the neighbors mailbox....I wasn't there....They said afterwards the cart wouldnt do anything so they tried pushing it but decided it would be easier to get the truck and pull it home...of course they had no idea it even had a tow/run switch so it was in the run position when the pulled it. It was however my dad that towed it for them and he said he went real slow didnt get over 5mph with it so...when I get home its plugged into the charger already and seemed to be ok....The next day the charger had stopped running, so I decided I'd drive it and see if it was ok....Wouldnt do anything and the charging meter only has one bar thats stays lit....After taking it to CC dealership and leaving it for a week he says he thinks its in the charger so I take my charger up there and leave it for a week Go up there and tells me he put a mainboard in the charger $200.00 says it will charge now.... go home plug it in, next day get same thing.....take it back leave it for another week again no phone call or nothin...So i call and he hasn't even looked at it yet so i get pissed off go down there and all of a sudden "oh yeah we did take a look at that one it needs a OBC I think shouldnt be no more than $500.00" My response..."REALLY!? WTH you mean "you think"!?! and how the hell did you miss that the first two weeks you had it!?!" Any way I felt like he was jerking me around so after a brief but detailed discription of what I thought of him and his professional opinion! I loaded my mess up and came to the house with it.....I've been workin on cars, trucks,motorcycles tractors, etc. etc. my entire life so I know I can get this thing goin I just.....well...as hard as it is for me to say it....I NEED SOME HELP MAN! Lol If I don't figure it out soon I think it just might kill me it almost did me in just asking for help.... not something I like having to do but am very grateful for any help with getting this corrected. So THANK YOU in advanced for anyone who actually made it all the way to the bottom of this post and is still willing to respond lol SSL

Oh yeah by the way up untill a week ago i didnt know anything about a Pathway, never heard of it...including the fact that I owned one....lol what have I got my self into?
EZRider79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 03 CC Pathway wont do anything

heres some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-31 03.05.00.jpg (129.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-31 03.05.48.jpg (216.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Re: 03 CC Pathway wont do anything

***UPDATE*** well I think I figured out part of my problem...My multi meter was giving me high voltage readings when troubleshooting according to the service manual which was really making me second guess my results....it dawned on me to check the battery in my meter....it was almost dead wouldn't even shock my tongue surprised it worked at all Sometimes I wonder why I even get out of bed....OK so if I go back to the solenoid with it switched to TOW position meter set to 200VDC black meter lead plugged in to the Com port I touch it to the (-)terminal on #6 battery and the RED meter lead touching the Yellow Wire (-) side of solenoid I'm getting +48.5v move it to the right (+) side of the solenoid I get +50.4v Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it be the exact same voltage on one side as the other except for one side should read (-) and the other (+) but should be exact same voltage right? When I flip the Tow/Run switch the positive side of solenoid has same voltage reading the negative side goes up to +49.8v any idea what would make it do that? bad solenoid? Want to jump the solenoid but I've read several posts on how to and they dont all have the exact same instructions... Does anybody know the correct way for a 03 pathway? and should I even worry with that at this point? Thx for your help
Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I did read all that which is amazing for me cuz usually I get cross eyed when I see a 500 word post.

You do know that towing a regen cart in RUN can potentially fry the motor which can potentially fry the controller, right? No matter how slow you go with the tow vehicle. Not saying that happened but, I am saying you need to check that first... assuming you have 50V in the battery pack.
1. What is the standing pack voltage?
2.Does the solenoid click when you try to go?
3. Does the pack voltage drop when you try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah Sorry about the intro being so long, didnt know where to start or when to stop

Standing Pack Voltage = 50.2

Solenoid = No Click

Pack Voltage w/Pedal = stays the same 50.2 (key sw/ON, tow switched to RUN)

Man I hope everything isn't fried and yeah the Service Dept. at the dealership here is pretty much one guy who also runs the parts counter and has a couple idiots that he can tell what and how to do some stuff but its really B.S. I hate goin up there but the next closest one is 40miles from here.....
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The solenoid needs a + and a - on the small posts to activate..... without this you go nowhere. It should click when activated.

All your testing at this point should be done on jack stands for safety.

Can you tell me if you have + or - at either one of the solenoid small posts when you press the gas? (key on, in gear)
Old 10-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sure np I have +49.8 on the small left (-) terminal and +50.2 on the small right (+) terminal with the key switched on, in gear, tow switched to RUN
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are those readings present all the time? One of them, (+?) should come and go with the gas peddle depression. This should activate the coil.

IF always present, try removing one side and see if solenoid will deactivate. make it click a few times to see if it is working.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok will do and I'll let you know what happens just as soon as I get back....(Ol'Lady just called gotta run some stuff up to her work ) Thanks ALOT! for taking the time to help me figure out what this thing is doing.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
EZRider79
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok finally where I can get back to work on this thing! Sorry it took so long for a response its always something around here YES the those readings are there all the time. Pressing the pedal does not change the reading on any of the posts. When you say "remove one side" I'm assuming your talking about one of the two smaller posts (just to make sure I'm doing this right) if so then no it didn't click when i took either side off.

Last edited by EZRider79; 11-01-2012 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: missing word

Tags
48v meter, cc iq, clubcar pathway
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car