lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Default Re: Which motor?

Let me know how you like the Executioner motor as I was looking to buy that myself until I spoke with Robby and he said I should go more with Torque/speed so I ended up buying a Custom Motor from EMP
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVetSgtAdkins View Post
Let me know how you like the Executioner motor as I was looking to buy that myself until I spoke with Robby and he said I should go more with Torque/speed so I ended up buying a Custom Motor from EMP
It's installed and runs great!

It's very dark out, so my test ride was limitted, but from what I can feel, it's got to de doing around 35-40, with the windshield up. The torque is nice, but didn't burn rubber, although I bet it will spin wheels on dirt. The motor has a nice, almost slight/faint turbo-charger sound as it starts out! I'm very impressed so far, but will tell more about it tomorrow, when I get a chance to ride some more.

Nothing got hot, but the motor was warm to the touch. I'm sure that is normal when you go 35-40 in a golf cart! Give me more time to report back, as it gets broken in..Merry Xmas!!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #13
cummerpt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Have you done any runs with a GPS yet? Im looking at an upgrade here...running stock controller and "Roadrunner" motor for about two years now. Still tops 30mph, but not much torque. Would love to get more speed and add some torque.
cummerpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Absolut Yak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

30mph on stock controller with the Executioner in my 08 Precedent. Love it! Plan to upgrade the controller and add disc brakes. Already added seatbelts.
Absolut Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummerpt View Post
Have you done any runs with a GPS yet? Im looking at an upgrade here...running stock controller and "Roadrunner" motor for about two years now. Still tops 30mph, but not much torque. Would love to get more speed and add some torque.
Honestly, it was so windy and cold yesterday , that riding it was not on my list of things to do. (I live in FLA) I can't wait to fully test it out with my GPS. Maybe today after work, if it gets any warmer or the wind dies down.

When I drove it in the dark on Friday night, the torque was at least twice that of my Commander motor and the speed was no doubt more! I had the regen turned down and on the commander it was not noticable, but on the PQ motor, it does kick in when I let off the gas. I'm glad it does, because if it didn't my brakes would be wearing out fast.

I also noticed that my volts jumped up to ~53 when the regen kicked in at over 30 mph!

I'll post up some GPS results soon, please stand by!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
krc15
Not Yet Wild

I have a 04 precedent 4 x 12 volt us V12 batteries. Alltrax 600 amp controller , plum quick executioner motor , 2 gauge wires & 400 amp solenoid. Stock gears & 18 inch tires. My cart will spin out on dry pavement and will run 46 mph wide open. I have had the batteries and motor now for 2 1/2 years. Batteries are noticeably weaker and will be getting new packs soon. Very impressed with all of plum quicks products. My brother and dad also have stock 06 club car precedents w a bandit motor upgrade. They will run 28-30 mph.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
krc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Question Re: Which motor?

Update: Finally got my Curtis controller programmed correctly for my PQ Executioner and here is the deal...The cart has great acceleration, but does not spin the wheels on pavement or run 46 mph, like the last poster said his does.

My top end is over 30 mph, but I haven't confirmed with GPS.

The Executioner did work with my stock 250 amp controller, but you had to accelerate slowly, otherwise the motor would just vibrate. Once it got rolling it would drive fine, but without a lot of torque.

I'm very happy with this combo and love the sound that my PQ motor makes when it accelerates...sounds like a turbo charger reving up (faint, but noticible).

I like when people ask me "what do you have in that?", "do you have a speed chip?"

I'll be getting 14" wheels with low profile street tires because my Saharas are not that smooth when I'm driving fast
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #18
cummerpt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Krc15, really hitting 46? Or are you meaning 36mph?

Steve, was wondering how your Saharas were wearing with your lift? Mine are wearing all uneven and now have "low spots" in them making it a bumpy ride.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummerpt View Post
Krc15, really hitting 46? Or are you meaning 36mph?

Steve, was wondering how your Saharas were wearing with your lift? Mine are wearing all uneven and now have "low spots" in them making it a bumpy ride.
My Saharas have no unusual wear, just getting worn evenly, like they should. The rear seems to wear faster than the front. I would look into checking your alignment and or suspension if you are getting low spots.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #20
cummerpt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah, I have a cheap Rhox 3" spindle lift. I have played with the toe in/ out, but seems like the camber is the problem. Might look at switching to an a- arm lift. I use my cart to drive to work daily and I'm eating through my tires fast
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car