lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Got a new puzzle for me

Ok , bought another CC today. Serial # 7A0232-XXXXX. That tells me it is either a DS or Regen. Ok It's a 2002 Regen as it has the the rocker switch for FR. Now comes something different. It goes 18.9MPH as per GPS with my wife and myself on it on level ground. And I am no little fellow! That is the stumper. My other regenII will barely get 12.3 with just me on it with good batteries and a fresh charge. Which is what I have been told is normal. I WAS told this one has a high speed motor in it. But looking at the motor it is just a standard 48v 3.2HP motor with the pigtail out the rear. The controller looks different to me. I didn`t take the cover off the controller but its nothing like whet I have seen before. Can someone enlighten me on this? (If I can figure it out) Pics uploaded

Thanks CartTrader
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0493.jpg (307.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6088.jpg (295.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6148.jpg (279.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg red golf cart 3.jpg (74.2 KB, 0 views)
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Got a new puzzle for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Ok , bought another CC today. Serial # 7A0232-XXXXX. That tells me it is either a DS or Regen. Ok It's a 2002 Regen as it has the the rocker switch for FR. Now comes something different. It goes 18.9MPH as per GPS with my wife and myself on it on level ground. And I am no little fellow! That is the stumper. My other regenII will barely get 12.3 with just me on it with good batteries and a fresh charge. Which is what I have been told is normal. I WAS told this one has a high speed motor in it. But looking at the motor it is just a standard 48v 3.2HP motor with the pigtail out the rear. The controller looks different to me. I didn`t take the cover off the controller but its nothing like whet I have seen before. Can someone enlighten me on this? (If I can figure it out) Pics uploaded

Thanks CartTrader
I'll clarify it all for you. Sounds like you're confused..... You say it's "Either" a DS or a Regen....... DS is a body style, Regen is an electrical system. Totally different things. Yes it's a DS. But it's not a Regen electrical system. It's an IQ. This car is a DS IQ. The controller is programmable, unlike the Regen1 (1996-1997) or Regen2 (1998-2001) cars. It's MUCH faster and more peppy as well, as you described. You have a completely stock DS IQ golf car that works as it should. The speed your Regen2 car is running is perfectly normal for that system as well.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks TD. I guess I was more refering to the Regen having a rocker switch VS the lever FR switch. I though the IQ carts had a Q in the serial # as this one didn't. That being said what speed code do you think this one is set to, since it is an IQ cart? It's really funny..going downhill it will max out at about 17.7 and then seem to kinda back off, but on flat ground it will go up to 18.9. This is my first IQ as my others "other" than my Regen I bought a couple of weeks ago are series motors. When does the madness stop? I now have 10 CCs. 2 of which are street legal.

Thanks CartTrader
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks TD. I guess I was more refering to the Regen having a rocker switch VS the lever FR switch. I though the IQ carts had a Q in the serial # as this one didn't. That being said what speed code do you think this one is set to, since it is an IQ cart? It's really funny..going downhill it will max out at about 17.7 and then seem to kinda back off, but on flat ground it will go up to 18.9. This is my first IQ as my others "other" than my Regen I bought a couple of weeks ago are series motors. When does the madness stop? I now have 10 CCs. 2 of which are street legal.

Thanks CartTrader
Holy crap, do you have a pic of all 10???
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll have to look. I know I don,t have a pic of all 10, maybe 5 or 6 of them. 3 are in the start of this thread. Well one in the thread, one in my avatar and one in my signiture. I have wanted to sell a few of them, but the wife keeps saying" "well I like this one for this and this one for that" and the next thing you know she has named all of them!! Guess I shouldn't complain huh. I would take pics but I am currently in FL with 2 and the other 8 are in Ohio.

CartTrader
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is one of my street legal ones. Gas engine. Slightly modified to do 32 MPH. I have another one just like it in orange, a sparky, Altrax 500amp. controller, 36v motor running on 48v, 2 ga wires and a 8:1 rear end. I have had it up to 34.8 MPH but had to back off it scared me. Both with 4 wheel disk brakes. Both are street legal and tagged in Ohio. This yellow one is a 96 gas the yellow one in my avatar is my oldest an 87 sparky.

CartTrader
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yeller.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok , bought another CC today. Serial # 7A0232-XXXXX. Thanks CartTrader

. . . CC Silver Standard Reman . . . ?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . CC Silver Standard Reman . . . ?
Possible I guess...how would I find out? "Silver Standard Reman" are there different levels of Remanufacturing?

CartTrader
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Possible I guess...how would I find out? "Silver Standard Reman" are there different levels of Remanufacturing?

CartTrader
. . . I know that CC lists GOLD STD remans now with 2 yr warranty . . wait for Tahoe to chime in . . . he may have more info on SILVER STD remans . . the 7A in your serial # indicates a Silver Std reman . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok went thru the stickies and looked at the "what year is my Cart" and found the reman area. So I guess it is a "reman" cart. Any way to find out what year it was Remanufactured? I did notice that the cart REALLY looked almost new on the outside and extremely clean. But in the battery compartment things just didn't look like I thought they should or odd to me. I can't explain just my observation. I think I got a real good deal on it. $1000.00 with 1 year old batteries.

CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car