lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Hopefully, a simple Diode Question

I am working on a charity case 2004 CC DS 36V Resistor cart. The solenoid diode is bad, which fried the V-Glide accelerator switch. I can get switches easy enough. I have found the diode part number 1014948. I would like to know if anyone can tell me the amp and voltage rating for the diode. I think it's a 3.0 AMP but not sure. Don't want to install the wrong diode and create more issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated by me and the kid who thinks the cart is a 4 wheeler...lol
ridged43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
big nd fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hopefully, a simple Diode Question

I could not cross reference it with my records.

Looking at the size of it, it looks like a 3 amp. You could use a 4 amp if it will physically fit. If I am not wrong, you have a 36v system so as long as it is rated for over 36volts.

I diode is like a gate, only allowing current and voltage to flow one direction and not the other. The larger the diode, the more amps it can handle.

I do not know how it is used in your circuit but think it would be for protection. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will let me know.

Big ND Fan
big nd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 amps will work
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
ridged43
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
3 amps will work
Thanks Big ND Fan and Scotty B....
ridged43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car