lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
xfactor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Batteries In A DS Bagwell

Hey folks. I'm in the process of doing the solid state conversion with parts from Scottyb on my 92 CC. I want to up the voltage to 48V by adding another two batteries in the bagwell. I have done a search and came up with very limited results. I am looking for pictures of how you did it. Reason being, I have two marine battery boxes and when I put them in the batteries sit pretty high. I plan to install a rear flip seat and I am worried about them hitting the seat.

Can you guys help with a few pictures, especially ones with rear flip seats? Thanks!
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries In A DS Bagwell

my advice is just buy 6 new 8v batteries so u can keep them under the seat. Plus with new batts ur cart will fly
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
xfactor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm wanting to put the extra 2 in the rear because its going to be a hunting buggy and I'm trying to extend my range. On top of all that my batteries are only 2 years old. I plan on replacing the other 6 in September. So will they fit under the rear seat?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
I'm wanting to put the extra 2 in the rear because its going to be a hunting buggy and I'm trying to extend my range. On top of all that my batteries are only 2 years old. I plan on replacing the other 6 in September. So will they fit under the rear seat?
Well, you could fit 2 more under the seat, without the battery boxes, if you fabricated some brackets. However, I think that you should just bite the bullet, sell your batteries, and upgrade to (6) 8V batteries and save the trouble.

Here's a link to what I did to install an extra 12V battery in my CC. You could fit 2 6V batteries by turning them lengthwise into the same area, but again, I don't think that it's worth all of the time and effort if you will replace everything by September.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Especially since you will be replacing batts in September, just go ahead and buy six brand new 8s now. It will be better than having some batts under the seat.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I'm going to have to side with you on this one. As a owner of a woods buggy the quest for extended range is never ending. I think as long as you don't mind possibly having to buy new battery boxes you could find one shallow enough to fit. Lots have done it, especially those speed junkys who use the batteries in their bagwells for 72v ...just keep researching. At this point in your build it might be a benefit to you to go ahead and buy the rear seat kit so you know your exact clearances. Good luck and keep us posted!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also keep in mind that extra weight BEHIND the rear axle make the front end scary light though... just sayin.

I drive my cart on my 20 acres for hours at a time without a problem and most of our property is on a big hill with a small creek so there is alot of amps being used.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
xfactor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm going to find a way to get some batteries back there for the added range. I'm 325lbs so I'm not worried about the frontend floating or becoming light. I remembered a buddy has the rear seat on his DS so I went over there yesterday to investigate. I've got group 24 battery boxes that the batteries fit nice and snug in. The problem isn't finding a battery box that is shallow enough, it is being able to clear the top posts of the battery once under the seat. I was able to finagle the box in there and have about 3/4 of an inch above the posts on his seat. Where the rear step for the seat is it sits up about one inch and holds the boxes nice and snug with a little work. I know all rear seats are different so I think I'm just going to get a rear seat and mock it up from there as suggested in an earlier reply. I looked at the Allsports seat and where my friends has the one inch lip at the rear of the bagwell, from the pictures the Allsports seemed to be flush and not have a lip. I'm thinking I'm going to move forward with the Allsports due to it being of partial aluminum construction and lighter. I'm also going to look at the one from MadJax that converts to a bed but I don't know how noisy it would be out in the woods bouncing around.

Thanks for the replies and thoughts.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Melonbuster
Not Yet Wild

Bad boy and stealth both fit 8 @8v under the front seat on their 64 v cars. If you plan on doing mods anyway you might look at those and do it that way. Just a thought.
Melonbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car