lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What upgrades can stock IQ 48v components handle?

I have 2002 DS IQ 48v that I'm wanting to do some upgrades and have some questions.

Can the stock components handle lifting & larger tires?

I'm more concerned about damaging the OBC or anything else on the cart. It runs AWESOME and really fast the way it is set up, but I want to make some cosmetic changes. If need be, I will not lift the cart and stay with the 8" wheels.

Thanks
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: What upgrades can stock IQ 48v components handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
I have 2002 DS IQ 48v that I'm wanting to do some upgrades and have some questions.

Can the stock components handle lifting & larger tires?

I'm more concerned about damaging the OBC or anything else on the cart. It runs AWESOME and really fast the way it is set up, but I want to make some cosmetic changes. If need be, I will not lift the cart and stay with the 8" wheels.

Thanks
Before my latest upgrades I ran an '07 Precedent with stock wires, stock controller and a Commander "High Speed" motor with a 3" lift kit. Had 20" Sahara tires. That configuration would do 30mph on a good day with the wind. I never had any heat issues or problems that would suggest I couldn't run like that forever. I did not use the cart for extended off-road use, as I knew that would be pushing it. I hope this helps you...
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What upgrades can stock IQ 48v components handle?

im running 23" tires and 6" lift on my Stock drivetrain 2003 IQ DS. Turns the tires over like a champ. Less Tq with them on but alot more speed though!
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car