lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
cskozup
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Precedent won't go over 16 mph

I have had my 2007 Precedent for 6 weeks. I had the dealer upgrade it to the private speed mode to get 19.+ mph. However, the highest it goes is 16 mph (via GPS and traffic speed sensor). It has the standard tires and I have not done any other speed upgrades yet. I did put on a folding seat in the back (about 150 lbs). My Serial # is PQ0740-824875. I would like to resolve why it doesn't get the expected mph before I try other speed improvements. Dealer has checked it to assure the speed code was installed and it is but is stumped to determine why it won't reach expected speed. Batteries were new in 2012 and I charge them after everytime I take it out. I go 4 to 5 miles each time I take it out and go out 5 to 6 times a week.
cskozup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent won't go over 16 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskozup View Post
I have had my 2007 Precedent for 6 weeks. I had the dealer upgrade it to the private speed mode to get 19.+ mph. However, the highest it goes is 16 mph (via GPS and traffic speed sensor). It has the standard tires and I have not done any other speed upgrades yet. I did put on a folding seat in the back (about 150 lbs). My Serial # is PQ0740-824875. I would like to resolve why it doesn't get the expected mph before I try other speed improvements. Dealer has checked it to assure the speed code was installed and it is but is stumped to determine why it won't reach expected speed. Batteries were new in 2012 and I charge them after everytime I take it out. I go 4 to 5 miles each time I take it out and go out 5 to 6 times a week.
Welcome to the site! I have an '07 Precedent as well, and it will go fast, if you take some actions. Now that your controller is on code 4, you can get a new motor. Look into a high speed motor. That alone will get you to at least 22+ as long as your wires and batteries are good. Check for dragging brakes and proper air pressure. How tall are your tires? Good luck!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
tigerfan9984
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This might sound stupid but check your tire pressure. I gained 2 MPH when I put the required pressure in mine.
tigerfan9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

Exact same situation here. I have an 08 Precedent IQ and got the private speed code 4 from my local dealer. Will not reach 18 mph. On flat straight road its around 16/17 mph. My US Batteries are 6 months old and are maintained well. Not sure how to inspect my cables or how to check the brake, but it doesn't feel like anything is rubbing. Tire pressure is at 20 psi I believe.
I'll be interested if anyone on here has an idea about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskozup View Post
dece1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dece1416 View Post
Exact same situation here. I have an 08 Precedent IQ and got the private speed code 4 from my local dealer. Will not reach 18 mph. On flat straight road its around 16/17 mph. My US Batteries are 6 months old and are maintained well. Not sure how to inspect my cables or how to check the brake, but it doesn't feel like anything is rubbing. Tire pressure is at 20 psi I believe.
I'll be interested if anyone on here has an idea about this.
All speed code 4 does is allow the motor to take all the controller and batteries can deliver. You need to look at other options: Tire size affects the gear ratio, taller tires=more speed at the expense of torque. High speed motors are very popular and in most cases, you can keep your original setup. These are two examples of where to start.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I dont think you need speed code 4 for a motor change because the high speed motors eliminate regenerative braking anyway, I believe as in the same manner as the speed magnets in the speed sensor, they trick the controller into thinking the motor is going slower than it actually is.

Speed code changes will allow the cart to go faster if the cart is capable, your carts have something holding them back, either tire related, motor related or maybe a problem with the MCOR not giving full throttle. Maybe check that your brakes are not dragging, even a little will effect top speed. Check front end alignment too.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Tahoe help

I wonder if Tahoe can shed some light on this problem
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tahoe help

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
I wonder if Tahoe can shed some light on this problem
I thought we just did, lol.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Everything from the pedal to the tires can effect speed. Make sure everthing is lubricated right, rear end, wheel bearings, etc. make sure the wheel bearings are properly tightened. Check to make sure your brakes don't drag and make sure your tires are full of air. Make sure batteries are charged, clean, terminals tight and no corrosion. These are freebies that might ensure you are at the cart's max before spending money.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
cskozup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all of your inputs. After I get all these checked I'll reply back.
cskozup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car