lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #21
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Red face Re: New Controller... Not impressed?

UPDATE: Took the mcor out along with all the sand and grass that accumulated over the years. No visible problems. Pretty dry and a bit rusty so I sprayed the hinge points etc. with WD-40 lightly and then put a thin touch of grease on those moving parts. Electrically, there was no sign of a problem with the connectors or anything like that. Obviously the mcor is sealed so not much you can do with that. Reinstalled the whole assembly and it seems to take off considerably smoother. Not sure why. Maybe the assembly was just kind of corroded and dry. Maybe the lubrication helped. Not sure but there's no more lurching and it seems to cause the solenoid to click much earlier in the stroke. Hmmm... I don't think I need an mcor.

Overall though, very quick off the line but still only getting about 18mph with the kids on and I was doing that before with the 250amp Curtis. Still croaking on the hills around here. Drops to 12-13mph... drag... I don't think I gained anything at all other than some torque. No speed gain at all. In fact, I think I lost a mile or two per hour and that's whats driving me crazy. How can I replace a 250amp controller with a 500 amp controller and go the same or a tad slower? I might understand the same but slower??? I've hit 26 with the kids, downhill, allout floorboarded with the Curtis. Today on the same roads, 24mph, same kids... And I readjusted the brakes to make SURE they aren't dragging at all. Guess after buying a cable and checking a few settings I'll be saving for that Executioner motor... Can't quit now!!!
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Controller... Not impressed?

Glad the MCOR cleaning worked for you.

I posted the hex file for the Alltrax in another of your threads that supposedly gets it to recognize 100% throttle, maybe it will work for you. You will have to play around with programming a little once you get a cable. If you need help let us know.

Executioner should fix your performance.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #23
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yep, saw the link but when I click on it, it brings me to "page unavailable" with an option to download a program that downloads compressed files but there's no content to view. I downloaded the program that was offered and tried to open the link through that and it's still empty... Maybe I should go back to riding my bicycle? haha
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I could not upload the file, said it was invalid, but you can get it easily from Alltrax.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for trying. I appreciate that. I'll keep you posted after I speak to Alltrax and see what happens.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post
UPDATE: Took the mcor out along with all the sand and grass that accumulated over the years. No visible problems. Pretty dry and a bit rusty so I sprayed the hinge points etc. with WD-40 lightly and then put a thin touch of grease on those moving parts. Electrically, there was no sign of a problem with the connectors or anything like that. Obviously the mcor is sealed so not much you can do with that. Reinstalled the whole assembly and it seems to take off considerably smoother. Not sure why. Maybe the assembly was just kind of corroded and dry. Maybe the lubrication helped. Not sure but there's no more lurching and it seems to cause the solenoid to click much earlier in the stroke. Hmmm... I don't think I need an mcor.

Overall though, very quick off the line but still only getting about 18mph with the kids on and I was doing that before with the 250amp Curtis. Still croaking on the hills around here. Drops to 12-13mph... drag... I don't think I gained anything at all other than some torque. No speed gain at all. In fact, I think I lost a mile or two per hour and that's whats driving me crazy. How can I replace a 250amp controller with a 500 amp controller and go the same or a tad slower? I might understand the same but slower??? I've hit 26 with the kids, downhill, allout floorboarded with the Curtis. Today on the same roads, 24mph, same kids... And I readjusted the brakes to make SURE they aren't dragging at all. Guess after buying a cable and checking a few settings I'll be saving for that Executioner motor... Can't quit now!!!
7Club,
You need to talk to PQ or others and ask about motor options. The executioner is not a very torquey motor. Prolly has about 20% more torque than stock. It's great down her in FL where it's flat and the only hills are overpasses. You may be better off with a high speed/torque motor if the hills are your concern. Although, you will lose top speed You have to decide what you need (speed or torque), as you can't really have it both ways . I would hate to see you burn it up on those hills with a loaded cart.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your peddle moves 1-2/3rds of it's travel before the cart goes then you need to fix your throttle before you start reprogramming the controller. Not sure about the Precedent, but check your linkages. The DS linkage was infamously faulty. The lagging response was in the linkage between the peddle and the MCOR. The late start meant that the control was not being told to put out 100%. All the controls I send out are set to 100% output. Alltrax can provide an upgraded throttle map if needed. Call their tech support this AM first.
Information
Phone: 541-476-3565
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

i was just going to post as i was reading this thread about not getting ANY throttle response till way into pedal travel, but Scotty beat me to it above. ^^^ Subscribed...
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #29
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Linkage? There is no linkage that I can see. It has the mcor and the wires coming out of it to the controller. Where can I check linkage adjustment?

I adjusted the brake pedal linkage while in there working on the mcor so I understand linkage issues but on the accelerator I don't see anything like that.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm grateful your out there and willing to share your knowledge.

7CLUB
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #30
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

on my DS my throttle linkage was a little sloppy. I did the ZipTie fix and that helped some but i dont this that applies to ur Precedent. I dont know if precedent has same linkage as a DS i would imagine it doesnt
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car