lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2001 club car wont tow or push

In this cart the anti roll will not keep it from rolling but will slow it down and it is all electrical. There is no electric brake per say you need to apply power to disengage. Switching from Run to Tow in your case just shuts off power to the controller. If the batteries are dead, there is no power to shut off. It should roll with the brake released. If not, the brakes are stuck.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough House View Post
it doest have the lever shifter. This cart has the electronic switch for forward neutral and reverse. In order for the switch to work we have to introduce power some how. Same with the tow switch. I was reading the owners manual and this is a club car ds powerdrive plus 48v. it has a feature call a zero speed detect which with the cart parked on level ground and parking brake disengaged and tow switch in run that cart cannot roll. Its some kind of safety feature. This might be the reason why it doesn't roll as well. It says that when you switch it to tow it disengages the motor brake. But I wonder since the batts died with the cart in run the motor cannot disengage the zero speed detect feature and has the motor stuck in the zero speed detect.??? I don't know.

put TOW/RUN switch in TOW . . . disconnect the battery pack, ie, remove the main negative cable and the main positive cable from their respective batteries . . now with no possibility of any power whatsoever being present in the cart's system, you can't harm any of the electrical "stuff" . . work to free the seized brakes . . you could even pull the motor to see if the motor shaft spins freely before applying any power to it . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #13
Rough House
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for all the help. Ill be giving it a try early this week. This will be my first cart and its a little unfamiliar. I have worked on cars and electronics all my life so it shouldn't be to tough. Just got to make everything is in working order before I pull the trigger and order new batts.
Rough House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
Rough House
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all. The breaks were just stuck. Got them freed up and the cart on a trailer. now its time for some new batteries.
Rough House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's brakes :-)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough House View Post
Thanks to all. The breaks were just stuck. Got them freed up and the cart on a trailer. now its time for some new batteries.
. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car