lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
billpinsc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Need for speed!

I have a 2003 iQ 48v cart . I been reading about speed code four, PQ Bandit, Speedylink, and magnets for the speed sensor. I was looking for advice to see what everyone recomended. I dont want super speed I just want to increase my speed a little more than an average cart.I was looking to see what the best value was. I currently get around 16 mph with 22" tires I have the grey motor with the black speed sensor. Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited by billpinsc; 03-09-2013 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: spelling
billpinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Need for speed!

I am new to electric carts. I also have the same cart you do. I am pretty sure the magnet will not work on your motor. It didn't on mine. Speed code 4 is the best choice I think. Speedy link worked on mine , but I had other issues with it. (About the same price as speed code 4) Bigger motor would work, lots more money. Read up on all of them and take a chance.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Magnet will get you speed code 4. They are a little harder to install on the GE grey motor but can be done as I did it. Mine was already at speed code 4, but I still had the issue of speed control going downhill. The magnet took care of that and gave me about a 2 MPH increase. Yours will be different as you have larger tires and mine are stock

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would go with the P Q Bandit more speed and Torque,,
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I honestly think that a bone stock cart with speed code 4 is plenty fast. It goes around 20 mph with a good batt pack. I would not put aftermarket stuff like magnets and speedylinks on because they are not made by CC and they get you the same speed as speed code 4. Also, code 4 is around $100, while the speedylinks I think are around $130 or so.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Absolut Yak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I would skip the Speed Code 4 and go straight to the Bandit. I got very little bang for my buck with the Speed code upgrade and ended up upgrading to an Executioner anyway. I love it!
Absolut Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut Yak View Post
I would skip the Speed Code 4 and go straight to the Bandit. I got very little bang for my buck with the Speed code upgrade and ended up upgrading to an Executioner anyway. I love it!
Are you running a stock controller with the Executioner? What speeds are you getting? I have the Bandit and trying to figure out if it would be best to upgrade the controller or the motor, since I can't afford to do both right now.
*** Scratch that question. I just saw where you posted the answer on another thread.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car