lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default 2012.5 with plowmans extreme performance kit installed!!!!

Here we go again. Me being the gear head and performance junky i am, i just had to call up the great folks at plowmans and give my next new project some go power!!!

I currently have a 2013 cart with lift and big tires that the entire community seems to wanna borrow all the time. So one day while searching the local craigslist ads came across a near mint condition 2012.5 cart that i figured would be the perfect candidate for all the inlaws, grandparents, cousins to use when needed instead of always haggling me to borrow mine. Only exterior mods to the cart is a rear flip seat and a oem light kit. The cart will not be lifted BUT after a few weeks of owning the cart it will need some more aggressive 18-20" tires to grip the terrain around this area. The stockers spin just going up a set of wooden ramps into the storage shed.

Since i have had awesome results with the plowmans setup on my cart i figured why not give this community cart some love as well. One call to don and he put together the proper clutching for my needs. We went with a slghtly stiffer spring than the normal spring that he uses on basic non lifted setups. I wanted to get a little bit more grunt down low since the cart will get some slightly more aggressive tires and will be used for them to work, haul, and pull trailers, and other debris around the property. I sent out my clutch to don on monday to michigan and had it already returned and ready to go on friday. From alabama to michigan and back in 5 days is super fast.

Got the complete kit installed this morning and all i gotta say is WOW!!!! It is super responsive and gets off the line in a hurry. It will spin the tires all over my dirtroad and gravel. I know your saying thats not much of a big deal but if you compare the before and after it really is. With the bigger jets, the mods to the airbox and the new high flow filter the cart starts just as soon as hit the pedal. No more half or sometime full choke to start on a cold engine. I went ahead and installed a tachometer to keep the rpms in check since i completely bypassed the governor. Top speed is between 28-29 mph at 3150-3200 rpms. This is on the stock 18" tires. So there is no doubt 32-34 would be possible with 22-23" tires. All throttle cables, and valves have been adjusted as per plowmans instructions as well to insure maximum performance.

As im typing this right now just heard the cart crank up and leave my driveway. Father in law has a tow rope hooked up to 4 railroad crossties along side the driveway. Lol watching him now out the window pull all 4 of them in a bundle off into the woods digging chunks of grass out of the field. So that just confirmed it has brute strength to pull and heavy load.

Again couldnt be any happier with the plowmans kit, there price, and most of all there service before, during , and after the sale. These kits produce power and make a 11hp cart come to life and will positivy put a smile on your face everytime you ride. Would like to thank the fine people at plowmans once again for the service. To the members here on the fence about doing these mods dont hesitate anymore. Call and at least talk to don for any reassurance. He sure has made a believer out of me.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2012.5 with plowmans extreme performance kit installed!!!!

Oh yeah one more thing they all pitched in some funds to pay for a stereo. Soon as all the gear arrives ill post up the pics of the stereo. Father in law would like better lighting so a 30" led light bar is next on the list i guess as well. Its like a modding disease that never seems to end. But hey as long as they fund the accessories ill provide my labor and time to install.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2012.5 with plowmans extreme performance kit installed!!!!

Update have over 500 hours on the plowmans kit according to the tachometer/hour meter and the kit has been incredible. Best money and best mod you can ever do to the g29 carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha