lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Pezz
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 upper end rebuild

Greetings fellow cart nuts,

I plan on rebuilding the cylinder head on my cart. Valves are allowing plenty of blow by. Looking for recommendations of where to call to order parts and your thoughts on the rebuild. Can I get away with just replacing the valves, seals guides etc or do I need to have the head decked? Anyone with some experience on the G14 sound off please.

I have checked my compression and I'm good there, I am super handy and mechanically inclined so I don't think this will be too tuff.

Thanks in advance!!
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G14 upper end rebuild

if you are getting blow by that means you have some bad rings, in order for compression to get into the crankcase it has to get past the rings.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #3
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
Greetings fellow cart nuts,

I plan on rebuilding the cylinder head on my cart. Valves are allowing plenty of blow by. Looking for recommendations of where to call to order parts and your thoughts on the rebuild. Can I get away with just replacing the valves, seals guides etc or do I need to have the head decked? Anyone with some experience on the G14 sound off please.

I have checked my compression and I'm good there, I am super handy and mechanically inclined so I don't think this will be too tuff.

Thanks in advance!!
A while back I redid my head. I ordered new valves.springs,and valve seal. Only need one to go on intake. If yours has blow by then rings may be bad. Mine started smoking more so knew oil rings was gone even tho compression was good. My motor is out right now putting new rings and bearings in it . I went over the head again cleaning carbon off and relapping valves. Hope this solves my smoking and should help somewhat with power too.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #4
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Update... got my motor back together and back in cart. Started right up when gas got in carb. I believe it is quieter now . At least it doesn't smoke now and shouldn't foul plugs.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It is quieter now, the old bearings probably sounded like rolling steel balls around in the bottom of a trash can.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It is quieter now, the old bearings probably sounded like rolling steel balls around in the bottom of a trash can.
With it not smoking anymore and not having smoke blowby in the engine compartment I put my cone filter back on the carb. Couldn't do that too much before as it would clog up with smoke . The cone filter lets it get more air in and has a little better pickup being I already had Plow Man's jet kit in . Not really sure what to do with hose that ran from valve cover to original breather tho. May have to put a small filter on it .
Old 07-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

cone filter ?
what kind/make and size ?

I am trying to get a K&N off a car to work on my g-29
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #8
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota View Post
cone filter ?
what kind/make and size ?

I am trying to get a K&N off a car to work on my g-29
I ordered mine off ebay for the size of the throat of my carb. It just has a rubber boot that goes on carb with a clamp and is the shape of a cone. I forgot the size been a while . Lets more air in than stock breather . In order to run one you will have to have the carb rejetted with larger jets because of more air coming in. Have to have the air fuel mixture right. To see just take your stock breather off carb and see how it runs.

Tags
g14
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha