lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default oil change

looking for opinions;; on my 97 g16, i use full synthetic oil, 10w30, i drive the cart very little, maybe 20 hours per year, i skipped changing it this year, i just checked it and its as clear as when i put it in. under these conditions, how often should i change it??
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: oil change

1 qt of oil is pretty cheap insurance in my opinion
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

heating and cooling creates condensation.. depending where you live just changes in temperature with the seasons will create condensation... change it to be safe
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

That's right on condensation. Just drop the plug and the the I'l lady out for lunch. While your out grab a 7$ quart of Mobil 1 and finish up when you get back. Works well for me.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yep, I agree.......... Condensation can be a pain.

When I store my motorcycle thru the winter they suggest that you put a battery minder on it, fuel additive in a full tank of fuel, cover it and forget it. Don't start it thru the winter unless your going to ride it. Short start and runs cause the condensation discussed as the engine is cold, you just warm it up and then shut it down.

For the price of one quart of oil, change it at on what ever regular basis you see fit. If you don't drive it that much, do it once a year. (That's what I'd do especially running synthetic)
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks all for the reply's
Old 09-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I've got an hour meter on my carts and change every 50 hours. Overkill but 7$ ain't gonna kill me. Just go a morning without eating breakfast is all
Old 09-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i did change it yesterday, and it was blacker than it looked on the stick. anyway i wanted to mention, because of my lift kit, if i just drop the oil it will keep around 4 oz. of oil in it. what i do is use the ramps, back the cart up on them till the bottom frame is level. then all the oil will drain out. when i refill to go to the mark on the stick it will take just a little more than the 1qt to be on full; i don't like leaving that small amount of bad oil in,, hope this helps, thanks again all
Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Good deal yeah didn't see where your cart was mentioned that it was lifted. I just take a floor jack on lifted carts and jack it way up and leave it for a while. Be sure to just use 1 quart of oil no matter if it's lifted or not lifted.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have heard both schools of thought on this,, my way of thinking is,,,,, if its not on the full mark,as Yamaha has intended. then the flapper that through s the oil up to the valves,might not through like it should. the dif, is 4oz, so i add it to be on the line,,,, have always done this, it doesnt burn any or smoke,, its a 97 stock engine that runs like new;;;
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha