lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: No Spark 97 DS

Thanx, I'm tryin' it soon (other irons in fire)
beamcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #12
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

THANK YOU MITCH!!! That did it, I converted pedal start to keystart, The tip on micro was key. The cart fired up so I did the rev limiter wire trick and the wire tie on spring thing and that cart is the envy of the neighborhood.My girls LOVE it, now I've got to go back thru all these posts again and write down all the part #'s for filters an such. Thank you guys for the help, this place ROCKS
Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you disconected the rev limiter you should invest in a tach to keep an eye on the RPMs.

Also, If you have anyone else (kids, friends, whoever but you!) that drives your cart run a wire from the limiter wire you disconected to a switch (and hide it) and then run it to ground.
Flip the switch when you get off so whomever drives it won't be able to over rev it and damage the motor. It's still not good to bounce off of the limiter but I would choose that instead of a rod coming through the block. You would be amazed at the number of people who drive carts and don't know a thing about them.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
beamcowboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You, that's a great idea with the switch on the rev limiter, I'm not worried about my Daughters but U R absolutely right about "amount of people that ...Don't know #@&% about operating ... Well, #@&% Matt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car