lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
chachi44089
Getting Wild

Default Re: broken frame rear

As for "beefing up" the area..Building up the weld is not the answer. That will just make the weld thicker, thus stronger than the base metal. The result would be another break right next to the weld. The weld need only be twice as wide as the thickness of the base metal, and 100% penetration. Have the two pieces beveled before they are welded.
To me the break looks more like a tear, starting at the web of the frame and headed down. Looks like excessive downward force on the bumper, or a lot of jarring pulling the mount down.
My advise would be to have a pro bevel and weld the break, then have the end of the frame capped and boxed with a plate of equal or thicker metal. That would greatly improve the strength That would distribute the stress more equally on the frame..not just all of the stress at the buttom. Also check the tongue weight of your trailer. If it is excessive "when loaded" you might need to move the axle on the trailer forward a bit. If it has light tongue weight, the movement "up and down" of the tongue when the trailer is loaded and moving may be too much. How much weight are you pulling? What is the tongue weight when loaded?
Hope this info helps!

Last edited by chachi44089; 06-23-2010 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: text added
chachi44089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Chachi, thanks for explaining that stuff as glue. I thought that from the start
when we heard about it a year ago. $60 dollars goes a long way at a welding
shop and the job will get done right.

96 club I would pull the bumper and any thing else so a welder can get
at it and not fight to work on it. The clock tics if the welder is buzzing
or not.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Agreed. Taking it to a shop for the weld is the way to go. I had the back support piece break off and a local shop charged $50 to weld it back on much better than it originally was. Now I can stand on it and it's just as strong as ever.

Doug
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #14
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah i got this fixed my step dad took it up where he works and welded it. we cleaned it all up and put another piece of alluminum in there and welded around it. it looks good and i can jump on the rear bumper now and dont think it will break. as far as the trailer. i was using it to move my jet ski around but the fram was broken before i got it. my spare cart is broken in the rear also.........now to get it running right ill be all set called dealership and he said bring a few hundred dollars over and he'll get it running right sounded like alot to me ......
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #15
Spriggins
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My rear frame is broken also, but a piece fell and I can't find it. Is it anyway a welder can duplicate the missing piece and weld together. Sorry need at this. I'm redoing a 2002 carryall 1. Well how picture when I figure how to post it😊
Spriggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i would assume if he is a type of fab guy .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car