lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
CKH88
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car gas engine problem

I've narrowed the problem down to the plastic box that houses the cylenoid on my Club Car, I do not know the year can find out though. When I turn the cart on, put it in gear and press the accelerator my cart doesn't start. I've tested the battery, which is new, and its fully charged so that takes it and the altenator out of the problem, it has new fuel lines, fuel filter, spark plug, and air filter, but the cart died before that was done and its an overhaul type job to get back right. In addition, I bypassed the swithes on the cylenoid and press the pedal and nothing happened. I've also tested the little switches in the cylenoid box they appear to be good so is this an indication that it is the cylenoid that has gone bad?....I ask because I'm on a tight budget from my boss and need to have a pretty sure indication before I purchase a part.
CKH88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car gas engine problem

Just because the batt is fully charged, does not take the generator out of the loop. It probably worked up until the last time you started it. It would then have charged until the last time you started it. You said it does nothing when you try to start it. If the starter/generator does not turn at all, you may have a problem with it. Or, something in "the plastic box" that houses the solenoid. You may want to read this recent post regarding a no start and the solenoid & generator.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...tor-101-a.html
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The way to do a quick check of everything is to remove both small wires from the solenoid.
Then use two jumpers from the battery pos and neg to the two small solenoid posts.
If it spins over you have a problem with your starting circuit which you can trace with the above sticky diagrams.
If it does not spin over, take a big jumper and jump the two large solenoid post.
If that makes it spin you have a bad solenoid.
If it still does not spin by jumping the large posts you have a bad battery, battery connection or cable or bad ground or bad starter/generator.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

i had the same problem... turns out it was the starter brushes... tap the starter with a hammer a few times around the black rubber covers near the big white wire.. you may have to tap it while hitting the gas... if it then turns over its ur brushes.... i posted a thread on bgw about how to replace the brushes, ull have to search for it. its really easy, and the brushes are only $21.00 or so

CCGM
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

i just thought i would post this, because i recently had a problem with my starter. it would only start when i smacked the starter with a hammer. it was the brushes! these are very cheep, and easy to install.
*starter is found under black access cover behind seat*
1. remove all wires connected to starter, and tape them off
2. remove the 3 bolts holding starter on
3. remove starter, take it to the bench.
4. remove all 4 rubber covers around the starter
5. using compressed air, blow out the old dust. ( dont breathe it in)
6. unscrew all 4 brush wires (1 per brush, per rubber cover)
7. with a flat blade screwdriver, carefully pry up the spring holding the brush down, dont let go!
8. while holding the spring up, pull on the wire and the brush should come out.
9. still holding the spring put the new brush in.
10. release the spring, and be sure that is is in the grove on the top of the brush.
11. repeat on all 4 brushes.
12. replace all 4 screws
13. replace all 4 rubber covers
14. loosly replace the two top bolts holding the starter.
15. turn the starter towards the rear of the cart to tension belt, while turing, replace and tighten the bolt on the slide (bottom bolt
16. tighten top bolts.
17. replace wires
18. replace access cover
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
The way to do a quick check of everything is to remove both small wires from the solenoid.
Then use two jumpers from the battery pos and neg to the two small solenoid posts.
If it spins over you have a problem with your starting circuit which you can trace with the above sticky diagrams.
If it does not spin over, take a big jumper and jump the two large solenoid post.
If that makes it spin you have a bad solenoid.
If it still does not spin by jumping the large posts you have a bad battery, battery connection or cable or bad ground or bad starter/generator.
To add to this excellent list take a volt meter from the start gen to the
neg battery post and try and start it, if it shows voltage you have a bad
ground.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car