lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 gas clubcar not working

please take no offence but its sounds like you don,t know that much about carts, not an issue lots of people don,t..........that being said before we have you doing things that if you di it wrong you can cause more damage do you have anyone who can help?? again please don,t take this personal i jast don,t want to see you do more damage to your cart........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

yes i kno i dont kno alot but im trying to learn and yes other people can help me no problem whats the field wire though? lol thanks
clubcarman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at this diagram, the DF connection on the starter/gen is the field. The wire goes to the voltage regulator. (located in the little black plastic box with the solenoid)

jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Shadowman is right. Some people do not have enough mechanical background to learn this type of stuff over the web from a few posts. You can hurt yourself and your cart if you don't have experience turning some wrenches or if you don't understand that drawing I just posted. Be careful, it could cost you a lot more in the end. It may be cheaper in the end to pay someone to fix it or ask a friend who does have mechanical experience to take a look at the cart and the info on this web site.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

start by putting cart in maintence mode ( nueltral ) if you lift seat theres a yuellow knob or rear side of forward/reverse lever.....pull that knob out and tuirn 180degrees put it back in.......than get a 8 inch peice of 6 gage cable and take a little rubber off each end........i have 3 sets with connectors on them it makes it a lot easier when alone..........anyhow with that cable put one end on one large post of solenoid the other end on other large post your just building a bridge.........andhow once cable is contacting both large studs put key in and turn to on than press pedal if cart turns over you have a bad soleniod just replace it with a golfcart solenoid not a car one...............i think on that cart you can change wires one at a time it makes it easy just remember to disconnect your neg battery term. if you have to replsce solenoid or any other part for that matter.............so try this as a start and double check your dealing with a good battery.......................
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok today i put i screw driver over the main posts on the solinoid with the key on and the starter started right up, therefore i need a new solidnoid i believe?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

maybe bad solenoid... as per my video, as long as the batt is good, your heavy wire connections are good from the bat to the solenoid and solenoid to starter and starter to ground and ground back to batt, when you jump the solenoids large posts it will spin over (if the starter is good) so, to review, you have ruled OUT the batt, the starter, and the heavy wire connections. You need to insure you are getting voltage to and through the solenoid on the small wires when the key is turned on and the selector is in F, when you press on the peddle it grounds one of these wires and completes the circuit and energises the solenoid to engage the starter. If you are getting voltage on both little posts when you turn the key on, the winding in the solenoid is ok, (If you are getting voltage on one of the little wires, but not the other, then the winding in the solenoid is bad.) If it is ok, then, make sure that the accelerator peddle is grounding the orange (I think) wire when you press on the peddle, if it is, but nothing happens, then you have a bad solenoid. The contacts in the solenoid that jump the two big wires are not making contact. Again, I advise caution doing this stuff, you can hurt yourself or your cart.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i beleive i would replace the solenoid, the microswitch should be good but make sure you disconnect battery before doing the work........take your time and if you can print the diagram out in case you get lost..........please be careful....................................
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
clubcarman1
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok I just replaced the solinoid today and again nothing, but doing the screw driver thing on the posts of the solinoid still makes the starter turn over and the engine run. What should i check now?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

well, if your just going to start replacing stuff without testing, I think the micro-switches are cheap enough, you might as well do them too. the expensive part (starter) seems to be fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car