lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #11
Sardad5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZ Go Starving for fuel

Sorry for the delayb guys as I got called to go out of town. Yes, the cart runs fine for 10-15 minutes and then starts breaking up to the point I have to push the choke in and out and it will sometimes run enough then to move the cart but most of the time i end up pushing the cart back home because i can't get it to run. A few weeks back while trying to fix this probelm i replaced the plugs but had to use champion substitutes as they did not have NGK's. The cart seemed to run fine for a week or so and now i am back tp the same thing here again. I just received my tune up kit which includes new NGK plugs so i will try that this weekend but this problwm was present prior to the plug change as well. Thanks for the help.
Sardad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
dakotakid
Not Yet Wild

What did you find wrong?
dakotakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Saradad5,
sounds exactly what I am going thropugh with my 295 1995 ezgo, 4 stroke.
I am leaning to re-building the carb , I have checked the pump and replaced the filter, all of the fuel lines and checked the pump. I have not checked compression maybey I will get to that tommorrow as well because hunting season is in and need to use it , we got stuck out there a few miles last week and took a while to get back to the trailer because it would only run a little above idle after it sat for a few minutes, then would run fine, I am leaning towards it being a sticky carb but have posted on here for more expert opinions on these engines..
Gary
Garywv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know the TXT uses the square fuel pump which some people have had trouble with. Most of your riding lawn mowers which are 12-25hp use the round fuel pump now. I do know you should have a good stream of fuel coming out of your hose!
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

98 EZGO ,
I get plenty of fuel and it pulses with compression strokes when turning over and shoots out about 2-3 inches in a full stream so I know that is way More than enough fuel supply.Just seems to overheat from being lean because it runs so good for 10 to 15 minutes before it slows down.But I am just dragging my feet I guess because I dont want to get it torn down and not have access to parts but at least I found this website today and it looks like you guys relly know bout all of the cart problems out there,,
I want to get it going before hunting season is over,,ANd hoping for a easy fix. I know if it is the carb thatwill be an easy fix , just dont have time to pull the engine for a full go over I want to wait until summer for that..
Gary

Last edited by Garywv; 12-07-2010 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: added fuel pump picture
Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you check your fuel cap to see if the vent hole is stoped up?
Run it with the cap off and see what it dose.
Hope it is as simple as that.
Let me know if that helps.
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could be vapor lock. My last post should prove this. Get a new gas cap or clean your old one. Could drill small in gas cap. Do not drill hole in tank.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did start a different thread about what I am doing to mine bud light, I did check the vapor lock , nope,, just pulled the carb , lotta crap in the bowl and jets froze in as well, so that might be letting it run a little lean and heat up after a few miles or so I think . Also I am going to adjust the valves a s well but I did a compression check today and got 90lbs then goes up to 120 with a squirt of oil in both cyl so at least they are wearing the same as far as I can tell with a compression check the valves are closing as well..
SO I have put the carb in the parts cleaner bucket for the night and will rinse tham down and give it a run tommorrow to see if that helped anything.
Gary
Old 12-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Bud Light , just noticed you are up in KY,, I was born in Shively and have a lot of family and my Mother and Father born in Junction City , just a few miles from Danville..
I havent made it up there in 12 years now , I am down in Florida now..
Gary
Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #20
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope it is warm there.
It is very cold here 7degs. this morning 23 for high today.
Not any better tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO