lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
KENNETHC
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Where were you at on 911?

Pulling into the glass shop i was working at the time. I went to a vendor to pickup a custom glass piece and they just had fell. Stayed there for an hour and watched with them. I will never forget or let my kids forget.
KENNETHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #12
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was on active duty in the Army running a D7 cat in the bottom of a valley as we were cutting the top off a mountain.We were doing this for a runway expansion at the airport in Clarksburg.We were then put on Alert/guard duty at the airfield.I remember later that day the LTC that was in charge (Vietnam vet Marine Infantry LT. ) told us we were going to be in a war soon and some of standing there were gonna die because of this act.He told us this with tears running down his face as he had been there.I will never forget LTC Spencer of the W.V. national guard.A lot of lives have been lost because of this insane act,BUT we will always come out on top because the Men and Women of this United States Military are the best that this world has ever seen.We all have a lot to be thankful for because a lot of the people on this forum have served and I salute you.Also all of the folks who have not,we could have not done it without your support.God Bless.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
dougonbay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Remember that sad day well.....

I worked for an IT firm downtown NYC at the time and we had a few clients in the WTC. On Labor Day weekend before 911 we had 2 big jobs there. Moving a company out and moving a bank in on 2 floors. We lived at the local Marriott and worked round the clock – WTC security was pretty tight - guards, gates, picture ID, bag inspection, phone call verification.

Around 7:30 p.m. on 9/10 I was still at the NYC office and was told that plans had changed and I needed to be in Albany, NY on 9/11 instead of on 9/12. Wasn’t happy about this. My commute was 2 1/2 hrs. so my plan was to work from home on 9/11 and get everything packed for a 4 day road trip, take care of last minute family things, make sure the car was set, etc…

By the time I got home and squared most things away it was the wee hours of the morning. Got a couple hours sleep and raced to catch the 8 am ferry a few miles from my house. The ferry was just leaving the dock as I pulled in – dang, nothing I can do. I’ll get gas, the ATM for cash, grab a coffee and sandwich, then hop on the 9 a.m. ferry. Around 8:45, out-of-the-blue, I had this overwhelming feeling that something major was not right and immediately pulled over to the side of the road. What did I forget? What didn’t I do? Went through the checklist, couldn’t figure it out but knew something was very wrong. Eeech, get going or you’ll miss the 9 o’clock.

Made the ferry, went to pay my fare, asked the clerk why everyone’s glued to the T.V’s. He told me and I watched in horror as the events unfolded. We had close relationships with the bank we had moved in the WTC a few short weeks earlier and we still had 7-8 of our guys on-site doing ongoing work. Not good. News was very slow in coming but by late that afternoon everyone was accounted for and for the most part ok. A little joy in the midst of tragedy.

My elation was short lived though when I got the next call, “bad news, Lloyd’s son was killed on Flight 93”. Lloyd Glick my boss was COO of the company and his son was Jeremy – one of the hero’s.

Apologies for the length of this but that’s how I remember that sad day…..

Doug
dougonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thats not a long story just a heart felt story that you needed to pass along to the rest of us Americans.I am glad you told it.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
general b.s.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car