lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
9ballpimp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Marathon Air Intake Modification

Yes, very nicely done tguellich. I like both things: the filter mod and upgrading to the car battery. And how much louder did it actually make it? Do you have a stock muffler on it, or did you mod the exhaust?
9ballpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Nicely done, tguellich. Did you notice any performance difference at all? Make any more noise when you accelerate?

BTW, look like someone spilt their beer in that top pic.
-Thanks and Yes, I noticed a performance gain but I replaced the clogged muffler at the same time, so I can't be certain. Also, spend some time adjusting your jet richer. All that air will make her run lean.
-It is much louder than it was with the box on.
-That would be my Captain and Diet, oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ballpimp View Post
Yes, very nicely done tguellich. I like both things: the filter mod and upgrading to the car battery. And how much louder did it actually make it? Do you have a stock muffler on it, or did you mod the exhaust?
-Thank you, it was actually very easy and cheap. Car battery lets me play Sirius all day on the shore of the lake with no trouble starting.
-I replaced the muffler with a new stock unit. Mine was plugged and the four rivets on the bottom of the tray the muffler sits in had worn right through it. It was spendy, but worth it.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The open-element is definitely louder.My cart has a gutted stock-muffler,and you still hear the carb over it.I stayed with high-mounting it under the seat to keep it dry(been there a year,not even dirty other than mud splashes).We have a lot of water-holes we cross out back,usually at 10-20mph.As i stated earlier,the filter is against the bottom of the seat,it won't see standing water at that height,and if it does i'll have bigger,more expensive problems.I also did the Car-Battery and eliminated the oil-injection.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
9ballpimp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the comments. Louder isn't going to be good in the neighborhood, so maybe some sound-dampening in the engine compartment will help.

On a separate note, I saw that I could get some extra "umph" by upgrading my carb from the BV-18 to the BV-21. I'll be pulling the engine and going through it anyways, so it may not be a bad thing to go ahead and upgrade it while I'm down there anyways. I'm not looking to throw a lot of money into this, but target the upgrades as necessary. After all, I'm going in the woods, not a cart show. HAHAHA
9ballpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Its' not ungodly loud but you will notice it.I ran mine originally when i built it,with no filter(carb too close to frame with lift and axle relocate to rear 1-1/2").The filter definitely made it louder with the hose extension.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, inlet, intake, modification
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO