lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
TechSavvy
Not Yet Wild

Default Serial number help please

Hey all, new guy here, I have a 96 or later Ezgo TXT gas golf cart that I have had for about 7 years and I am trying to sell it, and the guy who wants to buy it needs to put insurance on it in order to drive it at the campground he will always be taking it to. The problem is that the previous owner put speakers all over in the cart and there is one in each glove box. He removed the serial plate that is supposed to be in the passenger glove box and put a speaker there and I do not have the plate and the potential buyer cannot insure it without it. I looked all over the frame, engine compartment, and cannot find the numbers anywhere. Is it anywhere else, or am I s.o.l. Would I need to buy a used one off another body that I could rivet into the glove box so he could insure it?
TechSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Serial number help please

pick up your seat flip the plastic cover up the metal bar that goes across should have the number stamped on it
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
TechSavvy
Not Yet Wild

If your saying it should be on the bar in the pic, I can't find any numbers stamped to it.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check for a number on top of the frame rail above the rear pass tire.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That 3/4" pipe in the pic tells me its mid/late 90's, and it's tag should only be in the pass glove box. Better find another buyer
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
TechSavvy
Not Yet Wild

So does anyone have a 96 to 99 serial plate off an old body they want to sell, or are we getting into, nobody wants to do that because of the potential of a cart being stolen? I can't believe they didn't put numbers anywhere else on the frame on these years to identify it, that just plain sucks....
When I bought it, I had never had a golf cart before and asked the guy when I picked it up where the title was, and he said they don't have titles for these things, so I said oh, ok and we loaded it up. Maybe I should have looked into it a bit more back then. Thanks anyway guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO