lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Headlight Fitment Question

I picked up a late build 1991 Club Car Carryall 2. The drivetrain is from a 1991, but the body style is a 1992 and up and the serial number is a 1991.

The nose that came with it has cutouts for lights, and I see that most of the light kits are 1993 and up. From Google Images, it appears that I have a later style nose. There are/were no screw holes around the light holes like all the aftermarket kits I see use to hold the lights in.

My question is this... Can anyone help tell what lights I need to fit my nose correctly?? OEM lights, aftermarket kit for 1993+ or pre 1993???

Found this thread were they talk about the body lines and such, and where I got the pictures from for comparison.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...questions.html

Thanks!!!

This is my nose as it currently sits in the body shop, had some gouges in the plastic.

This is an identical one to mine as far as body lines go, (little hump in middle extends down between the headlights for Club Car nameplate)

This looks to the older style, nameplate above the headlights and no dip in the middle.
Firefytr29wfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Headlight Fitment Question

I'm not aware of any body style changes to your front cowl design until the Precedent model was introduced. No screw holes would indicate a "snap in" headlamp. I just checked this site and found sets for 83 and up and also 93 and up. Both parts look identical and yet both descriptions say slight modifications are necessary so I really wouldn't know what to tell you on that score but if I were you I'd order a set and do whatever body modification is required before you paint. Sorry I can't be of more help.

FC

fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help. Yea, I have seen 82-up and 93-up alot, so it has been confusing me.

Looks like these are what I probably will go with. I like the look of the snap in over screws, and I am building my own wiring harness and already have tail lights so this looks to be the best.

Wanted to get the lights in now, so I can have my body shop fit them and make sure it all lines up before they paint the nose.

Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

I don't know Fire, but maybe by "slight modification" they mean the holes have to be cut out of a standard cowl ? I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination call that slight but who knows

FC
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yea, who knows...LOL

Just checked, they have a good return policy, 30 days with no restocking fee except on tires. Gonna go for it and see what happens.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefytr29wfd View Post
Yea, who knows...LOL

Just checked, they have a good return policy, 30 days with no restocking fee except on tires. Gonna go for it and see what happens.
Be sure to let us know the outcome. This is not the first time this question has been asked

FC
Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Will do!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I too have been wanting to replace the headlights in my 01 Carryall2 but I cant figure out the 83 up and 93 up difference either.
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Found these on ebay, looks like the ones I have in the Carryall2.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130639110258...84.m1423.l2649
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofar-sogood View Post
Found these on ebay, looks like the ones I have in the Carryall2.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130639110258...84.m1423.l2649
How do the factory lights attach on the back? Do they just snap in with the metal clip I see on the backside of the eBay lights? Mine had no lights when I got it, but all the wiring/switches looked factory when i removed it (all was routed in the factory style harness). Thanks! Those are a little bit cheaper than the other ones. Haven't pulled the trigger on one set or another yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car