lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Ezgo runs,but no power

If you pull the plug and turn the crank so that you set the piston to bottom dead center, then the fumes should be able to rise from the crankcase up to the spark plug hole through the open intake ports.

Here is an explanation for the crankcase flooding- if your fuel pump diaphragm is bad/ slightly cracked, maybe gasoline is siphoning/being sucked from the tank directly down into the crankcase- through the pulse tube opening. If it was a small crack, it may still be pumping some gas- but some gas is also going into the crankcase with the suction part of each stroke.

I bet that this is your problem.... pull that fuel pump off/apart and check it out.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
Basser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

" 10/4", I even went so far as to remove the intake and raise the piston to tdc and I stuck a small hose down into the crank case and didn't see any signs of fuel in there. However, I am letting it air out before putting it back together. Brew City remembers a situation where a weak coil acted that way and suggested I check the coil out. So I'll ohm that out tomorrow. What do you think, let it sit for a couple of days?
Basser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the fuel pump diaphragm is ruptured, then sitting likely won't help it. You may as well check the coil and eliminate that possibility.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #24
Basser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll check the coil out and eliminate that and them I will pull the pump and let you know what I find. Ky., It really does make some sense, just a minute pin hole in the diaphragm could do it.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #25
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Basser. Sorry for the late reply. I just sent you a PM. I'm reading and trying to catch up here what I missed. Have you checked the compression?

nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #26
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I see that you have checked the compression. And I have to agree it sounds like you are getting too much fuel. When you say that you have been through the carb, did you just clean, or did you rebuild? I would guess your float is bad, or the needle and seat are bad. This crap ethanol blend we are being forced to use is the death of small engine carbs. I have not had the frustration of working on one of these carbs, but I have rebuilt and replaced many on small engines. Sometimes its hard to get all the passages cleaned, or old gaskets to seal.
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
Basser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Nomo, Thanks for the reply and interest. The compression was the very first thing I checked and it was 115 forward and 120 in reverse and about the same in neutral. As you read through all the posts you'll see what's steps we've taken here and still proceeding.

Where are you in Mo.?, sound's like you live on or near a lake!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #28
Basser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

nomo, Regarding the carb, no I didn't rebuild it, I just cleaned and ran wires through all the orifices and jets. It really a very simple carb and you can really see everything in it. Some of those jet you can't get out without tearing them up as they are frozen in probably with locktite. I least I couldn't with the biggest screw driver I have. I have been through that thing a dozen times.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Basser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked where the fuel pump is located and boy that is tight quarters. What's the best way to get at this thing?, looks like you need to remove the belt pulley from the rear end differential.

The coil has a fluctuating reading, with digital meter set on 200, it had readings from 5.0 up to 55.0. and when it got to the highest reading it would start falling off and at times go down to 5.0. Now on my 2pg it gave a constant reading of 4.9 to 6.0. I don't know which is right and which one is not right.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 3pg engine (1990), so I can't help with how to get your fuel pump off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO