lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile planning a build.. suggestions and comments?

Ok ill do my best to be as clear as I can, I recently aquired a 93 ez go gas 4 cycle cart, someone has swapped seats for a newer style back and bottom piece and mounted a flat utility bed on the back.

My plans are to use around hills of eastern kentucky, gun shows outside in ky and oh, and around the house, so a wide variety of use.

Plans for build
5" lift (or 4") seems ebay has a economic kit for 70ish
22/11/8's to fit the stock rims which I have a extra set of 4 I got with the cart I plan to paint black.
Repaint the entire cart with summit racinging equipment medimum charcoal metalflake paint. And paint the seats black to match.

Since the seat is not for the same model. I'm thinking of using some hindges you would find on a wooden fence , mount to bottom side of seat and the outside of the body?

My big unknown is wil the atv tires work without rubbing? Or any other obsticles I might run into or look for during this winter project?

Or anyone know a better solution to attach the seat to the cart?

Any input / heads up/ or info I might need, I thank you all in advance for as I'm excited to get this cart looking good
chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: planning a build.. suggestions and comments?

Not sure about the '93 models, but my old '89 ezgo didn't actually have hinges on the seats. There were brackets on the bottom of the seat on the front side that had offset bends on the end that fit down inside slots in the frame under the seat. Not sure about your question on the ATV tires. Are you using ATV tires on the cart rims or are you using rims and tires from an ATV? There are a few ATVs with the same bolt pattern at your cart but most are different. Here is a link that will show you which ATV rims will work:
http://www.pureoffroad.com/ATV_Wheel...tern_Guide.htm
If you asking about using ATV tires on cart rims, it all depends on lift height and tire size. Post a few more times and you should be able to add pictures. That would help us too with your questions if we could see what you are dealing with.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
planejob
Not Yet Wild

Painting the seat is a bad idea, you will not be happy with the results. I have found seat covers for my cart from 45 dollars for 2 pieces up to 200 dollars for 2 pieces (bottom and back).
planejob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if you go with the wheels and tires mentioned you will"should"get 2 inch wheel spacers all around..
it worked out cheaper for me to get all new sahara classic tires and 10 inch rims with 3plus 5 offset,,that means it will stick the rims 3 inches on the inside,like stock wheels,,and 5 inch to the outside,like having the spacers you need for stability..if doing what you said,then buy spacers later,it would have been cheaper to get the cheaper steel wheels with offset and tires,than buying spacers later imho..
got my wheels,tires and chrome lugs and center caps for just over 400 bucks..
i went 5 inch lift with 22,s and could have went 23,s if wanted. so 4 inch will be fine id say
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO