lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Question Ezgo no go

HELP!!!! i recently pulled the motor for a rebuild rings,seals,points put it back in and now i can't get spark at plug checked point gap and timing all seams ok even tryed another coil no go motor ran before rebuild just low compression this might help motor is 2pg 244cc robins late 70;s body and upholestry is great hate to have to put it to sleep
rkuchmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo no go

Use a meter to make sure the points are opening and closing. Check between the wire coming from the points, and the engine block. You will see very little change, but you should see the ohm reading go from zero, to a very low value(less than 10ohms), while turning the crankshaft slowly.(once per revolution)
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'll give it a try one thing I forgot to write when i was checking the coil with a simple test light there was power to both sides of the coil pos and neg without my meter I couldn't tell how much but didn't know if this is normal
Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like you are missing a ground if you have voltage on both sides of the coil.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Im trying to find a electric diagram to start tracing wires they're hard to find for this old of a cart i really apreciate the help that you guys are giving i hate to give up and have to tell the wife she was right
Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It does sound like points not closing. That is a cheap fix if that is what it is.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

well I checked the points they do open and shut i could not find any loose ground wires so I guess It's time to pull motor again and see if theres a pinched wire or something came off that I can't see with a mirror I checked black wire from points to neg side of coil and no voltage till hooked to coil then voltage even tried new coil still no spark but had voltage at both sides I'm starting to think the new points may be bad Im going to replace condensor while motors out not much left to replace
Old 07-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I would take a good look at the points/wiring and make sure they are installed correctly.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

well it's beem a while but still no luck with the spark issue i tore apart the engine and found the brush's for the starter generator are not fully contacting the stator they're sticking out past about 1/4 inch they are making contact but doesn't look right could this be the issue ? still don't think it would cause the spark issue but as you can see i've been wrong before on this project HELP !!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO