lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Plowmans extreme performance kits for 2012.5-2014 g29 carts

My cart is a 2013 g29 carb that was purchased brand new from the local dealer as a means of transportation around the property for the family to use. After 1 week of being stock i decided it need some more attitude so i added the 3" lift kit, 22" knobby tires, and rear seat. After these mods the cart suffered tremendously with acceleration and power. I immdediately called don at plowmans for his help. He explained that the clutches in the 2012.5-2014 carts were a new design than the previous g29 carts and that he was in the testing stages with prototype parts to get these new clutches dialed in. After months and months of me haggling him about when the kit would be a available i recieved a call from him that the kits were ready. I received the kit and installed everything except for the clutch spring. The secondary clutch spring has tremendous pressure on it and is hard to compress and get the splines to line up properly without damaging it. So one quick phone call to don and to the post office i went to have my clutch sent to him to install the spring. He will install the spring in these new clutches if you will go ahead and ship him your clutch when you call in the order.

When i recieved the clutch back from don which only took 2 days it was installed and ready to go. I immediately noticed a big difference in bottom/mid power range. The new setup allows the engine to rev at a higher rpm to give you the power where you need it the most. Makes the cart very fun to drive now very snappy and flat out gets up and goes. The hill climbing abilities are rediculous. I can crawl up hills now that i wouldnt dare try before. This past weekend i had a 6x10 trailer loaded down with lumber for my new 12x30 patio and the cart pulled the load like it wasnt even back there. Top speed with governor bypassed was 26-27 mph on gps. After several hours of heat cycles for the kevlar performance belt to break in speeds are now at 32 mph. Keep in mind these belts take some time to break in for max performance so be patient and the more you ride the less time it will take. I even tied a strap to the back of my sierra and the cart had enough low end torque to spin the tires and leave rubber on the concrete driveway.

I have never done business with a company that is so dedicated to customer service as plowmans. There has been times where don was on the phone with me for hours and even while he was at home or on vacation. Service like that in this day in time is non existant. The cost of the kit is reasonable and the gains are night and day difference. Sure you might can save a few bucks from other less liked companies but i guarantee you get what you pay for, knock off junk with no customer support. You will be kicking yourself for not calling plowmans first.

So for you newer g29 owners 2012.5-2014, i have thoroughly put this kit through its paces now for the past 25 hours. This kit is the real deal if you want the best possible performance after installing the lift and oversized tires.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowmans extreme performance kits for 2012.5-2014 g29 carts

I was talking to the Yamaha dealer that I got mine boss aka wife's cart from. He was dropping of a cart at mine camp. He said that he had some brand new gas carts. He had one in the green that I want. He took mine for a ride it's a 2007 with a plowmans up grade. He like the way it drove. He would give me a good trade for a new one. He said he's running low on used gas. But the boss gave me a look. So I can't do. They had EFI I may have take one for a test drive. What can Don do for a Efi. Will a EFI lean out and can you do air intake work on them.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Not sure all the details on the efi models. Don is on vacation this next week comming but im sure when he returns call him up and see what he says.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

Just put my kit on the 2009. Love the power. Is Don on vacation now? I need to find out which method he suggests on the governor bypass. I'm at about 19mph with tightening the nut most of the way.
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yes i believe he and the store is off all next week. Call and speek to diane today to make sure.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #6
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think if a buy a new cart I will buy one with a carb.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
PcolaKB
Not Yet Wild

27mph after the gov mod on a brand new belt.
Don is out but John at Plowmans helped me and was super nice!
PcolaKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yours sounds like its spot on. my cart and another forum member had the exact same top speeds as you aftet installing the kit with the new belt. It will get faster with some break in time.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
rheller219
Not Yet Wild

Mine is also at 27mph with Dons extreme kit on my 2007 with 22" tires. I have 1.8 miles on it so far..hopefully it goes up a few more. I have a slight bog on mine when mashing the pedal. May have to call Don to see what he suggests.
rheller219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #10
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I think I am going to have to call Don back. I talked to him and he told me for my 2011 it only needed the carb kit, filter and belt. I installed it all and I didn't notice all that much change. I didn adjust the governor. Certainly nothing like you guys are experiencing. Mine does about 21 mph. Hmmmmm. Doesn't seem to pull a hill real well with 2 guys on it and clubs. I have even gone back and adjusted the carb a couple of times to see if it would change it. Wait until next week to call him.
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha