lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Western Golf Cart Accessories Wiring Diagram

I don't know where a specific diagram could be found, but I know ergo diagrams work because they are ego frames and systems. My western model 100 was identical and I used an ezgo wiring diagram.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2018, 08:56 PM   #12
TheCartMan
Not Yet Wild

Hey all!!

I'm new here and now working on a Western.. Sigh lol I need a few things I PRAY someone can help with!!! The serial number I've located is 300C8512714. I would like to know what year this is and if possible I need a wiring diagram for the cart including the batteries. I cant seem to find this anywhere and I'm at my wits end!!

I'm restoring this for a older couple who acquired this with the purchase of a home. This thing has lots of wires hanging around most of which go no where. The cart is holding at about 23 volts which doesn't seem to be enough to get the charger to pick up and activate. I'm restoring them slowly in hopes they don't need to be replaced. When you turn the key and depress the pedal the solenoid clicks but the cart doesn't go anywhere. I presume this is because the charge is so low.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!
TheCartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #13
kewpie79
Getting Wild

There is a simple diagram that I used on my old Western at this link.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rn-signal.html
kewpie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #14
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartMan View Post
Hey all!!

I'm new here and now working on a Western.. Sigh lol I need a few things I PRAY someone can help with!!! The serial number I've located is 300C8512714. I would like to know what year this is and if possible I need a wiring diagram for the cart including the batteries. I cant seem to find this anywhere and I'm at my wits end!!

I'm restoring this for a older couple who acquired this with the purchase of a home. This thing has lots of wires hanging around most of which go no where. The cart is holding at about 23 volts which doesn't seem to be enough to get the charger to pick up and activate. I'm restoring them slowly in hopes they don't need to be replaced. When you turn the key and depress the pedal the solenoid clicks but the cart doesn't go anywhere. I presume this is because the charge is so low.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!
Most westerns are on ezgo frames. The best way to help you is for you to post a photo of under the seat of the cart so that we can match it up with a proper diagram. Western was funny sometimes so the year of the body might not be the year of the ezgo that your cart is so physically seeing the set up under the seat will help us out. As far as all the wires, there are no diagrams that I am aware of for accessories. These carts generally had lots of accessories like fans in the dash and lights, etc. the best thing to do would be to try and trace wires if not you'll have to redo the wiring like I have done in the past.

As far as the batteries without knowing their age, you'll need a minimum voltage to get the charger to kick on. You are doing exactly what I would recommend... try and revive the pack by charging each individual battery first using a trickle type charger and then try the cart charger. Make sure you have water in the batteries. Replacement might be needed but its worth a shot to at least get enough voltage to kick on charger and try to drive it. Cart wont generally move with such low voltage, but there could be more underlying electrical issues as you have mentioned the wiring issues that could be leading to no movement but starting with proper charge is the way to go.

As far as the year, for westerns it usually is the first 3 numbers are the model of western that you have, the next 2 numbers are the month and year the cart was manufactured. So you could have a model 300 built in August of 1985, 1995, or 2005. A picture of under the seat and the whole cart will narrow it down quickly.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #15
Goliath
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This should help.
V
V
V
Attached Files
File Type: pdf western_owner_manual_v1.pdf (3.70 MB, 0 views)
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #16
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Goliath, thanks very much. I have saved those diagrams to my computer. Great tool. All the westerns I have bought never had the manual. Was never able to find diagrams. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts