lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT custom lithium/solar setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
Playing with this solar stuff is pretty cool. I played with wind turbines few years back but didnt know much about solar until I started actually getting my hands on the solar stuff about a year ago and Im still learning every day.
I became a Siemans Solar dealer in the late 80s, a couple of years after I had retired from my DOD career. Ever since then, every place I've lived was set up to be off-grid. I managed to get a pallet load (6.5 KW) of some high efficiency satellite grade solar panels a few years ago. Waiting to set them up in a new array here to see how they compare. They were new and the USAF project they were bought for was cancelled by Obama. It's amazing how many millions of $ in surplus gets auctioned off for a fraction of a penny on the dollar. I bought a 5 unit 3 year old SAC base "SkyWatch" system for $200! The invoices were included in the paperwork, the USAF had paid over $1,250,000.00 for that system. If you don't know what that is... it replaced radar so that US AFBs can identify and track any stealth object at a distance. I can only use it myself or scrap it for parts, because it's still classified. I would not have been able to buy it without my clearance. LOL

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thats awsome I wish I could get my hands on some higher end components but it gets expensive fast. I was out playing with my 36v solar cart yesterday and I think i smoked the motor so time for an upgrade. Just hoping I didnt smoke the controller too. when it cools down it still runs fine but heats up in a hurry then cuts in and out then stops and just studders. Im hoping its just motor.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
Thats awsome I wish I could get my hands on some higher end components but it gets expensive fast. I was out playing with my 36v solar cart yesterday and I think i smoked the motor so time for an upgrade. Just hoping I didnt smoke the controller too. when it cools down it still runs fine but heats up in a hurry then cuts in and out then stops and just studders. Im hoping its just motor.
That sounds like controller overheat more than motor.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #14
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I used a heat laser on both the motor and controller. The motor was almost untouchable hot but the controller was as cool as it could be. I think I solved it by cleaning the contacts on the f/r switch and now no heat building up after a few miles on hilly terrain. Hopefully problem solved or might need to upgrade the f/r switch to an hd type.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v, lithium, solar, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO