lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #11
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2-G9 not starting after.....

I’m bad at wiring and following a scamatic lol unless there are pics explaining where to wire it up ect...
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #12
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I just ordered the parts but I don’t think I have the skills to do it, I searched the net and here and there is none to very little info on how to do this, soooo I’ll post for some help when I get the parts
Old 05-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This is really about as simple as it gets. I think trying to to step-by-step pictures would make it more confusing than it really needs to be... If I hadn't already run all of my wires into wire loom and tape I'd go take some more pictures, but at the moment it pretty much looks like it came from the factory with the chrysler kit in it.

And I wouldn't bother ordering the stuff... just run up to Napa or o'reilly or wherever. better that way because most of them come with a lifetime warranty. if you smoke it, just run it 20 minutes up the road and they'll swap it out. much better than having to ship it back and forth online.

CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #14
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Does (To pickup) white/black,white/red go to the 2 wires from the igniter????
Old 05-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The white/black and white/red from from the ignitor to the pickup coil (they look like they run inside the motor through a rubber grommet). There is a little white 3pin connector with the white/red, white/black, and i believe another black wire on a pigtail between the motor and the ignitor. You could connect to the wires here, or at the ignitor connector whichever is easier.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #16
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

CP241 my part came in today and this is what it looks like, I’m just curious if I use one pin on the left side and one from the right side ?? Or bridge both on one side and both on the other then wire like your above picture ?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That is just a dual version of the one I used. It is nice because it gives you a spare that's already installed for a rainy day in case yours fails... just move the spades down to the other set of terminals.

See diagram below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dual resistor.JPG (31.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
Hey guys I posted earlier this morning about my muffler studs broke and how to remove them ect...well I got it fixed and looks great only thing is that I did not have a gasket to install just yet, so my question would be would that gasket stop the motor from going ??? Because know all it’s doing is acting like I it’s getting to much fuel/poping here and there curious if it’s getting air from not having that gasket and throwing off the air flow to make it run
I would not drive the cart without the gasket as that throws a lot of heat to the bottom of the seat.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #19
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I’m at a stand still after installing a speed spring it will not run just spits and sputters and pops here and there, trying to find a pic of a completed install just to see if I have it set up correctly
Old 05-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #20
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks to CP241 I just figured out why it wouldn’t move after the speed spring install

Problem is the throttle cable is not moving to pull the linkage on the rearmed ??do I need to fab up a longer bracket to extend the cable ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha