lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #11
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I would try pulling the throttle (yellow) low to black with a resistor (something between 20k and 50K so the pull to low is instant as soon as the throttle is interrupted. You only have 0.4 second for the relay to fully transition before a throttle wiper error occurs and is logged in the permanent error log.

Bob
1. For the LV cutoff, can you confirm if the yellow and black wires in the attached picture are the correct ones that I should attach to the NO & Com (yellow wire) and NC (black wire) on the relay?

2. What will happen if a throttle wiper error occurs and is logged in the permanent error log? Will it affect how the cart operates in any way?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7100.jpg (128.1 KB, 0 views)
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #12
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Very interested in your project as I would like to do the same upgrade when my 2Five batteries crap out.

What are your plans for the built in state of charge meter in the Speedo dial?
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:55 PM   #13
bernito
Not Yet Wild

I have researched, but not found, an elegant solution. I plan to leave the existing instrument gauge in place and install a simple amp meter (location tbd), but honestly do not require anything more sophisticated. I literally utilize my cart to drive from my house to the clubhouse to play golf or drive to my neighbors' houses. I live on a golf course and walk 95+% of the rounds I play, so I am not terribly concerned about running the battery pack down to the point of damaging it. I am still planning to implement the low voltage cutoff as described in my original post, but it is highly unlikely I would ever be in a position to run the cart below 20% SOC.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
Very interested in your project as I would like to do the same upgrade when my 2Five batteries crap out.

What are your plans for the built in state of charge meter in the Speedo dial?
I kept the factory SOC guage, until I upgraded to the Plug N Play digital one. The controller SOC calculation section is adjustable for any capacity pack. You just set the number of AH consumed to be considered 50% SOC. That way, when that number is reached, the SOC guage reads 50%. Default is 80 AH. You can also watch the voltage in DVM mode.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #15
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I kept the factory SOC guage, until I upgraded to the Plug N Play digital one. The controller SOC calculation section is adjustable for any capacity pack. You just set the number of AH consumed to be considered 50% SOC. That way, when that number is reached, the SOC guage reads 50%. Default is 80 AH. You can also watch the voltage in DVM mode.
Hi Bob. My existing EZGO 2Five already has a digital guage. Can you post a picture or part number of the "Plug N Play" one you are referring to?

Also, can you look at my post above regarding identification of the correct yellow and black wires for the LV cutoff? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post
Hi Bob. My existing EZGO 2Five already has a digital guage. Can you post a picture or part number of the "Plug N Play" one you are referring to?

Also, can you look at my post above regarding identification of the correct yellow and black wires for the LV cutoff? Thanks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222627784961 is one of them, just search eBay.

I modified a 2014 2Five harness so it has both the speedometer connection, and a seperate SOC guage connector. The SOC connector is wired to the SOC pins on the Curtis controller connector, and the speedometer connector is wired to the controllers CAN bus on the Curtis connector. Is also has the rabbit/turtle switch connector. I have 2 of those harnesses. One, I modified to work in an RXV, which has the resistor and brake switch.

I would have to look at the harness on your 2Five to check wire colors. I did not use that method. First warning I get is a reverse buzzer that I wired in goes off to alert me that I am getting to the LVCO setting. I have my regular reverse buzzer turned off in controller options.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:17 PM   #17
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieSAmake View Post
Hello all
I have a choice of 2 Zivan chargers.
I need to have one converted to charge Lithium
Any advice as to best source for this work ?
Kind regards
Ed. Gordon
Fullriver Battery reprograms chargers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO