lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #21
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: RoyPow Concern / Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Can you run a monitor session through your alltrax and log into a file? That should give much more information as to what is happening in these moments.

Sounds to me like whatever the problem is, it is degrading the batteries at this point.
I'll have to check, but I am beginning to think I have a defective battery.

I took it out this morning and puttered around for less than 10 minutes at around 10 mph on flat ground. After grabbing my temp gun and getting my seat open, the positive terminal on the RoyPow was reading about 130 degrees F. It was probably hotter than that but it had a chance to cool off for a couple of minutes before I could measure it.

I know they had some issues with loose terminals but I was told that issue has been fixed. Maybe I got an older unit that has not been fixed?
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did not find any posts with information about previous loose connections when I searched, if someone knows where it is please post a link.

I think the best course of action for you now is to play by their warranty rules and try to get your pack replaced.

It is unlikely we will ever know what really happened unless they reject your warranty claim.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #23
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I did not find any posts with information about previous loose connections when I searched, if someone knows where it is please post a link.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showpost...&postcount=105
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #24
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

And please let us all know how they handle this for you. That was one of the questions/concerns I had about getting one of these packs, how well they hold up and how Roypow will handle any warranty claims. Everyone makes mistakes/bad products from time to time, but how it is resolved makes a big difference whether I will do business with them or not.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #25
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
And please let us all know how they handle this for you. That was one of the questions/concerns I had about getting one of these packs, how well they hold up and how Roypow will handle any warranty claims. Everyone makes mistakes/bad products from time to time, but how it is resolved makes a big difference whether I will do business with them or not.
Roger that!
Old 07-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

fstop, that post you linked mentions:
... It seems that there is an issue with some of the battery terminals breaking...

Which is external to the pack and easily visible, it does not say anything about internal loose connections.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:21 AM   #27
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
fstop, that post you linked mentions:
...is about an issue with some of the battery terminals breaking...

Which is external to the pack and easily visible, it does not say anything about internal loose connections.
One of the RoyPow dealers I talked to mentioned that they previously had an issue with loose or broken terminals. He did not go into detail about whether it was an internal or external connection issue but said that the issue had been corrected...
Old 07-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #28
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Either way, somethings up with that post getting that hot....if you can't get to it to figure it out, they should send you another pack and you send that one back so they can diagnose what is going on. If it's an isolated incident, like something not tightened enough or soldered badly, that's one thing, but if it's a design flaw, everyone needs to know about it.....Like my Dad used to say "Even Cadillac puts out a bad car every now and then" but I remember the Chevy Vega, I don't think a single one of them were any good.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, hopefully everything is going to turnout Ok and this thread can be linked to in the future when folks are looking for warranty claim experiences.

On a sad side note, I purchased an orange 72 Vega for $300 when I was a poor college student, aluminum block 2 speed powerglide and designed by DeLorean did not make to the end of my college years, I was riding a motorcycle by then...
Old 07-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #30
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

It may have been the same car that I bought new in '72! Piece of crap, traded it in after about a year on a Pinto with Firestone 500's on it :) We called it the rolling bomb! (you'll have to be my age to understand the humor).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium