lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #1
///M3eric
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default G29 Speed Code?

I have been flipping carts as a side hobby for a year or so now, however I’ve stuck to only doing 48v electric Club Cars. Ive done motors, computers, the small VIN specific programmers, and I have a Curtis programmer at this point. Recently one of my customers family member specifically wanted a Yamaha and I gladly took on the project, no big deal, however now that they have the cart at home the owners want it to go faster. For clarification it’s a 2014 48v Yamaha, bigger wheels and tires, lift, new batteries. I did some reading online and it seems that the only option is the dealer to program it to 19mph? Is this the only option without upgrading the controller and motor or does anyone sell a one time vin specific programmer?

Thanks.
///M3eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2021, 10:41 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Speed Code?

Before I would spend any money programming a stock Yamaha controller, I would buy an aftermarket one that I could program myself. The stock controller isn't all that reliable or robust. I have two of this vintage Yamaha carts and I have Alltrax controllers in both. The next weak link is the stock Hitachi motor. Also not very robust and prone to failure if you push it with larger tires and higher speeds.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Speed Code?

The dealer is absolutely the only way to program the stock controller. Each controller has a unique 6 digit code, that only yamaha knows. That's why no one else has a way to do it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha