lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default lithium conversion and adding aux battery

Hey Buggy Geniuses'.. I am in process of doing drop in lithium upgrade and bypassing the OBC with the posts on the forum ( battery lead charger wire and black white connection) unsure if I will remove the OBC or just leave there.

Also adding a heavy duty 48v converter for my cart lights and sound. I am also installing an aux 12v battery for other toys and non essentials. I am thinking Id like to put a switch or better yet a 48v relay DPDT on the ignition switch so that when key if off the aux battery and the dc converter from main pack is off to eliminate parasitic draw.

My question is are there any issue using a relay on the ignition switch ? I thought I read somewhere that is a no no for what ever reason NOT to do that

Any of you guys with way more golf cart experience than me tell me if it is acceptable?
Side note I saw in the club car docs that apparently there is a negative wire in the same wiring loom as the ignition switch so I could isolate the relay 48v negative and positive to stay 100% on the 48v pack.

PS: I am a wiring neat freak so I will clean up any buggy clutter is why I am thinking of taking out OBC andputting on the shelf.

Thoughts..? Happy Saturday and buggying !

Last edited by expoman55; 02-12-2022 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: forgot to add....
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
relay on ignition switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car