lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2022, 02:17 AM   #11
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas Tac 2 install battery issues

Charging until it shuts off, waiting an hour or so, starting a new cycle. Maybe 3-5 times.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2022, 02:48 PM   #12
coug86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Charging until it shuts off, waiting an hour or so, starting a new cycle. Maybe 3-5 times.
Got it, will give that a try. I did spend quite a bit of time on the phone with a Navitas technician yesterday. In the log I sent them he said that the battery voltage was getting down to 43 volts with only 100 amps being drawn. He believes it is a battery issue, and suggested to do a discharge test on the pack. Any hints or tricks to perform this?
coug86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:00 PM   #13
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found this from US batteries... Lot of Info about maintenance and battery pack testing.

https://www.usbattery.com/category/b...ntenance-tips/
Old 05-28-2022, 12:12 PM   #14
Getprepared
Not Yet Wild

Hello and new to forum. Curious if you have resolved problem. I recently installed a Navitas a/c system on a 98 club car. It is not going into limp as quick as yours but it did do it on me. I was surprised due to the voltage reading I was getting on my display. I checked pack voltage with a fluke and my dash installed display matches my meter reading consistently and at various voltages. The Navitas always reads a lower voltage. Can the Navitas reading be off? Possible calibration?
Getprepared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 01:25 PM   #15
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can't really explain why, but voltage measured on batterie pack vs controller are different. The actual reading of my Navitas app is 50.0v (80%SOC), the multi meter displays 50.7v (~95%SOC). That's a significant difference. Best readings you'll get always on the batteries.
Old 05-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #16
Getprepared
Not Yet Wild

Ya. My voltage readings very similar. I’ll likely reach out to Navitas and see why there readings are less
Old 05-28-2022, 03:02 PM   #17
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good idea, and pls let me know...
Old 06-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #18
doug527
Not Yet Wild

Have a 2021 Drive2 with AGM batteries with 20 mph max speed. If I got it to 24 mph I'd be good. Been contemplating on dropping a Navitas in but with post after post of problems I'll stay with the stock controller, not worth the headache. Maybe when it's time for new batteries and cart is out of warrantee in 4 years aftermarket controllers wont be so problematic. Wife would kill me also if I spent $500 add on to a $10k new cart and it breaks down with the grandkids on...A-shame because it seemed an easy solution for more speed.
doug527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #19
Getprepared
Not Yet Wild

I am actually quite happy with the Navitas a/c conversion. No issues and performance is as advertised. I have had it go into limp mode and cart drives fine just slower. When this happened my pack voltage was low due to use but I want to make sure it’s not premature. Navitas said this lower voltage reading is internal and is common to read lower. Waiting to find out if limp mode can be adjusted.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:52 PM   #20
Getprepared
Not Yet Wild

Performance is what I was hoping for. I have 6-8 volt Trojans that are a couple years old. No lift kit and running 18 1/2 tall tires. I went with 440 amp 4kw kit as I only use in town where I live and roads are flat. It will hit 30mph. 25mph quickly. Can get it to 35mph with enough road, windshield down and wind at my back.

Tags
navitas battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha