lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

Default Epoch Lithium on EzGO RXV Amps

My 2008 Danaher RXV set up is the 48V 90AH GC2 - GOLF CART LIFEPO4 LITHIUM BATTERY - COMPLETE kit with 3 batteries bused together. I pulled out 4 12V lead acid and converted to the lithium. It was running fine with no shut downs. After the conversion my cart is shutting down when pulling approx. 180 amps going uphill. Alarms come on then it quits. Have to turn batteries off to reset to get going. I’ve called Epoch support and discussed the opportunity however they are saying this should not be happening. The batteries should be capable of pulling a lot more amps. We’ve looked at wiring diagrams and all is set correctly. My question is this. Will I need another battery to allow more amps to be provided?
Thanks ahead of time for your input. Paul.
Cheeeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Epoch Lithium on EzGO RXV Amps

Well max continuous discharge current on those is 60A each, you have three of them so yes, 180A is the trip point (if exceeded for more than 10 seconds). An extra battery will lift that to 240A
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:44 PM   #3
Cheeeco
Not Yet Wild

That’s what I was thinking but they are saying the batteries are capable of more.
I just hate to buy another battery. Thank you.
Cheeeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 08:51 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

What's their justification for saying they're capable of more? The specs are clear

60A Continuous
100A 10 seconds
200A 3 seconds

Multiply by 3 for 3 batteries, less a little bit for imbalance in the current sharing.

https://www.epochbatteries.com/produ...ithium-battery
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO