lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2022, 10:44 PM   #11
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 marithon 2 stroke wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
When you said fixed it, I was thinking golf cart not pictures.
no luck today. i may have burnt out the HEI. no spark again. even tried jumping it directly to power to see if i was missing power. Nope. i dont know if i had the solenoid backwards.

what is the top ? is it hung correct in this picture or do i need to flip it over.
i also noticed that in the diagram picture compared to the manual picture it shows C and D on the opposite side ? https://www.flickr.com/photos/225569...posted-public/

got a limited life time warranty on the HEI for this cart.. Oh sorry.. I mean my 85 Chevy pickup.. LOL new one will be here tomorrow
sandfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It doesn't really matter, but we seem to put the grounds on the small right side terminal. The other side gets all of the positives. The big lugs are just a pass through. Pick the one closest to your battery for convenience.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #13
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

They do mount upside down from your picture, but like CA said above it really doesn't matter just make it convenient for the wiring
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #14
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

Humm.. little aggravated. checked and triple checked all the wiring. put the new Hei in and it started for about 10 seconds and killed the hei. I wounder if this new starter/gen is bad. i did not put it in and don't know who did.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:25 AM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You might want to try a different brand of module. Some are more robust than others.

There was a guy a few months ago on here that was burning up all of his.

I used an Accel 35361. It was $15 in 2013 when I bought it. Amazon now has it for $60.99. Nine years and still running strong every day.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:30 PM   #16
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
You might want to try a different brand of module. Some are more robust than others.

There was a guy a few months ago on here that was burning up all of his.

I used an Accel 35361. It was $15 in 2013 when I bought it. Amazon now has it for $60.99. Nine years and still running strong every day.
I asked the guy at the auto part store to look up the manufacturer.
i asked if it was a borg warner or something brand name.
the computer info said superior parts. probably a Chinese knock off.
i ordered another brand. we will see. it was running good before i put the new regulator in with the mod. it just was not charging.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #17
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

ok this is where im at today. i believe the switch on the throttle linkage is what burning out the HEI. it's shorting out. it only makes a connection in random places and the motor dies until you release and push the peddle back down. it never makes the motor run in the same position. i bought a box of CBE4 HEI off ebay to do testing with. 4 for $25. i know their Chinese. i wired one in and before i started it i took off the red wire from the peddle to the solenoid off. i jumped a wire from the battery+ to the yellow and green wire stem on the solenoid. the solenoid clicked on. i jumped the red wire from the pedal to start it. it started fine and stayed running like i knew it would from being direct wired. i put my meter on the battery and it is only getting 11.3 at idle and 12.5 full throttle. i just installed a new voltage regulator and solenoid. someone has replaced the starter/gen sometime in 2021 according to the manufactures date on it. so it this point #1 i think its bad or #2 someone shorted it out while tiring to figure out why its not running Or #3 the wrong one for this cart.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #18
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Remove the switch for the backup buzzer and put it in the place of the pedal switch. They are the same.

I drilled my pedal switch apart, cleaned the contacts, and pop riveted it back together. You could try that.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:30 PM   #19
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

Got the new starter/gen today. got it installed but have not tried to start it yet. ran out of time today. we will see in the morning..
Old 08-14-2022, 03:40 PM   #20
sandfiend
Not Yet Wild

well, here is where i am at.
new starter/gen. new solenoid. new regulator.
still no charge.

wired correctly.
wires tested for connectivity on each wire, at each end.

disconnected the green wire and grounded it out. volts jumped up to 16.8+ running

battery at 12.6

voltage reg disconnected. eng running high rpm. 11.7 volt.

voltage reg connected. eng running high rpm 12.6 volt.

removed the cover off the regulator. started the cart. pushed the arm on the regulator to one side and the volts went to 14.1.

i guess this new regulator is bad. ?

i will order a new one and see what happens.

any other ideas ?/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO