lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2022, 09:45 PM   #1
norm0649
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Electrical problem w/97 Yamaha G16 gas

Helping someone get his cart started. Cart starts but immediately shuts down. I checked the spark and there isn't much so I removed f/w cover and checked tci coil. Checked fuse first! After hot wiring blue wire to tci coil, cart started. Replaced engine stop relay w/new one. Back to no start so hot wired blue wire again. Starts and runs. Suspect tci is no good. Cart has been tampered with. Especially the wiring but it appears to be right except no small wire to negative battery terminal. Is that an issue? The cart's 40 miles away and I've made 2 trips to check it out. Thoughts? I'll be checking the charging system, replacing tci coil and checking engine and body grounds next time I go there.
norm0649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2022, 09:46 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Electrical problem w/97 Yamaha G16 gas

You might want to post this in the gas Yamaha section of the forum. This section is for electric carts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha