lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2022, 06:48 AM   #1
Jeansman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1990 Club Car DS Brakes

I have just purchased a used 90 Club Car from a neighbor and in the the progress of restoring it. I’ve installed a new fuel meter and ignition switch and presently working on the brakes. I have removed everything regarding the brakes, operational parts and the the drums and brakes. Cleaned and lubricated everything and installed new shoes. When adjusting the top adjuster all the way I still cannot stop. The self centering at the bottom I assume is the problem as my shoes barely touch and I cannot adjust the top till the drum want turn. Oh, I grew up in a auto machine shop and garage. Yes, a shop manual would be nice, but, I don’t have one yet.
Jeansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 Club Car DS Brakes

If I remember right 1 of the shoes is longer and needs to be in the correct position.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:27 PM   #3
Jeansman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Club Car DS Brakes

Nope, the ones I took off are the exact same and they matched up to the new ones I bought. The bottom self centering mechanism does not expand the bottom as it should. Maybe moves a 1/16”. The old shoes wouldn’t stop it at all. Plus the old ones were micing at .09”, the new ones are at .21”, and that’s why they touch the drum every so slightly. When you mash the pedal within an 1” it stops hard, like it bottoms out. What I see is the lever on the self centering piece is, it is all the way back and stops, so there must be away to adjust that mechanism. Drums have about 15 thousands of wear on the inside, not much at all.
Jeansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car