lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
georgiamike
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 EZ GO won't go

I recently acquired a 1993 ezgo. It drove off the trailer and made one lap around the yard, and now won't move. The batteries are good. With the cart switched on I read 35-volts across the big post of the solenoid. When the accelerator pedal is pressed the voltage across the solenoid goes to 0-volts and then ramps back up to 35-volts when the pedal is released. Is there and ezgo 101 tutorial?
georgiamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: 93 EZ GO won't go

change your solenoid... what is happening is you are reading resistor voltage, then when you try to pass through solenoid it fails.... release, it passes through resistor again..

and 35 volts is not good batteries if they are charged.....
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
georgiamike
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid was replaced a week before I got the cart. Is there something in the powerpack that causes solenoids to go so quickly? Also, the charger runs for about 15 seconds and kicks off, is this due to the solenoid being bad?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

well, lets back up with the charger symptom, check for loose battery wires..

it may be making an idle connection but when you go to pull voltage, it separates... pull on each batt wire and make sure they are firm..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
georgiamike
Not Yet Wild

I have checked all connections...from the motor to the contactor board and taken off and cleaned those that needed cleaned. Still same problem.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
JAMES S.DENTON
Not Yet Wild

Have you check the speed control-or they call it potentiometer switch with micro switch.That the whole box $102.00 put it on myself. I have a 91 that had that trobble and that what i just put on mine ---runs great now--
JAMES S.DENTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO