lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Restoration Project - NEED HELP

I have a power wise charger I'll sale. You will need to put aend for your cart on it. I'll take $150.00 for it. It's not atomatic anymore though you have to watch it.
I'll buy the $80.00 board and put back in it if you want to pay for it. I use it as is with no problems. You just have to unplug it our it will boil the batteries.
I have a older timer charger that I'll take $175.00 for it. It works perfect nothing wrong with it.
Looks like this but isn't this one.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: EZGO Restoration Project - NEED HELP

Hmmmmm, sounds interesting... What do you mean board? Are you saying you can make it so it is automatic again? If you can, that I might buy, what did you say the total price was? Whats your area code, also, so I can calculate shipping costs... or see if I can drive to you

THANKS!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
napalaz
Gone Wild

You probably connected the charger wrong I use a 36v and a 12v charger cause I didnt want to blow big bucks on a 48v charger check out gornomans post on converteing 36v to 48v and you can figure out how to use a car charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
Do any of you guys know where I could get a 36V charger on the cheap? it doesn't have to be fast, I just can't spend the 200somethin on a charger? Does anyone have alternative ways? (I tried charging two at a time with a car charger, and well, BOOOOOOM!!!)
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: EZGO Restoration Project - NEED HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalaz View Post
You probably connected the charger wrong I use a 36v and a 12v charger cause I didnt want to blow big bucks on a 48v charger check out gornomans post on converteing 36v to 48v and you can figure out how to use a car charger
HEY!!! I know how to use a car charger, they were batteries that sat dead for 6 months in some guys house until he sold the cart to me. My guess is that it went into desulfation mode, then the gasses ignited when a faulty connection sparked. I took a digital electronics class, and I know that V=IR

Its just that, as I saw on a different thread, that charging the batteries seperatly will cause them to be uneven, and that really f's stuff up.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You could charge them with different charges. You just have to monitor them to be certain they are even before they go to work!
What the heck is V=IR anyway?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
napalaz
Gone Wild

ok just trying to help didnt meen to insult in anyway its easy to connect a charger that is not ment to be used on a 36v system incorrectly. I have just a little more experince than one electronics class and it never crossed my mind to connect the 12v charger to my pack the way that Gornoman did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
HEY!!! I know how to use a car charger, they were batteries that sat dead for 6 months in some guys house until he sold the cart to me. My guess is that it went into desulfation mode, then the gasses ignited when a faulty connection sparked. I took a digital electronics class, and I know that V=IR

Its just that, as I saw on a different thread, that charging the batteries seperatly will cause them to be uneven, and that really f's stuff up.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OKAY! Igive up! ......Where is Gorno's charger hook up diagram? I wanna see it!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #18
napalaz
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...uates-48v.html
Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I must be blind. I have reread the tread and do not see the diagram for the charger hook up. However I assume he is using the stock charger as originally installed......and simply hooking the 12v onto the extra pair ?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

scottyb,
You must be! Here it is all in his post.

Gornoman

Quote:
The white wire from the cart charge receptacle was moved from it's original position at the Main Pack Positive upstream 2 batteries to it's new position on battery 3 positive terminal. Now the Powerwise charger only "sees" 36vdc and can still be used as normal. The additional charger is hooked up across batteries 1 and 2 in the pack, and as such only "sees" 12vdc. Both chargers are running simultaneously, no wires have been disconnected.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO