lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Default rxv lift kit don't fit

Hi everyone, new to RXV cart. Need help here. We got a lift kit for rxv. when we try to place the rear lift block on the rear axle on our 2015 RXV, there is an extruded stick from the axle in the way.

I checked part list and every instruction i could get, they all don't have such a stick on the axle.

What happens to my cart? is it geniue axle? Anyone has a solution or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

I am attaching photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (81.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (126.0 KB, 0 views)
zhhb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv lift kit don't fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhhb84 View Post
Hi everyone, new to RXV cart. Need help here. We got a lift kit for rxv. when we try to place the rear lift block on the rear axle on our 2015 RXV, there is an extruded stick from the axle in the way.

I checked part list and every instruction i could get, they all don't have such a stick on the axle.

What happens to my cart? is it geniue axle? Anyone has a solution or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

I am attaching photos.
None of my RXV transaxles have that, but I was told by an E-Z-GO guy at the factory that they changed rear transaxles some time around 2015. They are no longer using the earlier Dana Spicer transaxles. The same guy even gave me a part number for the new rear transaxle, but they are not yet available in the parts supply chain. They are a lot more expensive as well. Go figure!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It appears it is there to prevent axle twist but I have not heard of that being an issue on the RXVs. Bad motor brakes but not twisting. I would think a sawsall would take care of your issue on the axle itself but the piece on the spring may get in the way of the lift block.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

I bought my 2014 rxv brand new from the dealer and it has the same tab
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #5
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
None of my RXV transaxles have that, but I was told by an E-Z-GO guy at the factory that they changed rear transaxles some time around 2015. They are no longer using the earlier Dana Spicer transaxles. The same guy even gave me a part number for the new rear transaxle, but they are not yet available in the parts supply chain. They are a lot more expensive as well. Go figure!

Bob
Thanks very much bob. i tried search 2016 rear axle rxv on ebay and it has tab. we use tool to remove it to install lift now everything is ok. thanks for your help!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #6
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It appears it is there to prevent axle twist but I have not heard of that being an issue on the RXVs. Bad motor brakes but not twisting. I would think a sawsall would take care of your issue on the axle itself but the piece on the spring may get in the way of the lift block.
Really appreciate your help we use a tool to remove it~
Old 06-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #7
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksingleton View Post
I bought my 2014 rxv brand new from the dealer and it has the same tab
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Instead of cutting & hacking, maybe try contacting the lift manufacturer to get the correct lift for newer rxv?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #9
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Instead of cutting & hacking, maybe try contacting the lift manufacturer to get the correct lift for newer rxv?
i also found the rear shock is different from the ones of 08 rxv but i don't know what year they made the change.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:47 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

BTW, I have twisted those new style mounts enough for the motor to just touch the rear body. That setup was the 350a upgrade controller, with my tune in it that would never leave the building were it sold. And it did take some time to do it, didn't do the twist immediately, it is the "shop hotrod". The shop hotrod has held within a car-length of any hotrod series car I put it against (spm800 & raptor beats it).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO