lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
Farmlife
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery installed now no foward

Evening everyone. I went and found a place that had crown 235's for a decent price and install price for $65. Well I brought the cart to them yesterday. I pulled it off the trailer with forward and reverse. Well today I was supposed to pick it up. Not hearing from them by 1 I went ahead and called them. They installed the batteries but the cart would not move. They said they had a cart "bad boy" before that they needed the charger and once changed for a bit the cart ran. So I brought the charger to them. I got there and they were able to get reverse. I checked everything over and checked contactors loose wiring. Found nothing. The forward contactor clicks but nothing. They said sometimes new batteries with the amps can damage a contactor. I have no idea about that if anyone has heard about that let me know. My question I dropped the cart off running and they "installed batteries" cleaned battery tray cleaned connections and so on. Who should be figuring why the cart isn't running and on who's dime. Any parts damaged who's dime also. Any advise would be great.
Farmlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery installed now no foward

Hmm, doesn't sound like a very reputable place to me. Odd that they didn't have a charger. I don't know much, but saying the amps from new batteries would damage your cart doesn't make any sense to me. I'd be on these guys to fix it, seeing how it ran when you brought it in. However, based on the abov, not sure I'd want these guys messing with my cart.

Post here whist year and which drive system your ezgo has, and someone will be along shortly with some good diagnostic help. If you have the ability, you should also post pack and individual battery voltage to the second decimal.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
crash test dummy

are they a golf cart shop ?
if not don't let them do anything
talk to a manager/owner about what can been done
it is true sometimes it is not their fault
worse case you will have to get it fixed and sue them if it was something they did
having reverse rules out controller & motor
maybe the f/r switch
''They said sometimes new batteries with the amps can damage a contactor"
never heard of this

yes post info on the cart
Old 07-09-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They damaged it, they are liable to fix it. That "amps damages the contactor" business is a BS cop-out because they wanna weasel out of paying up. Like you said, "I dropped it off running" , better talk to the manager.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
Farmlife
Not Yet Wild

Its a golf cart place. I checked reviews before I went there from a couple places and all were good. The manager came out into the shop and said they will get it fixed but no one said on whos dime. The cart is a BB-AMS4.

I know if this was a car I would know who's at fault but because of golf cart and batteries didn't know if it be the same. The cart is still with them and they are closed today and tomorrow so will see what happens on Tuesday.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #6
Farmlife
Not Yet Wild

Got the cart back. Everything works. They said they cleaned one of the contactors which I think they got it wet. I'm getting a lot more range from the new Crown's. Not as much as they said I should get but the **** thing is 4x4. Thanks for all the advise now on to the next repair lmao
Old 07-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's good. I'm glad to hear that they resolved it for you. I've read here that as you break in your batteries, you'll get more out of them. That is assuming you break them in correctly.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, they barely provide 80% of their max when they are new. Treat them right, charge them often, and do short trips during the first 50 charge/discharge cycles. This is advertising material, so believe as much as you want (in this case, they are "up selling" to the Traveller battery) , but notice they have to work up to a capacity "plateau" at the beginning, where they stay until they near the end of life.
Attached Images
File Type: png chart_Traveler8V.png (36.9 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 AM   #9
Farmlife
Not Yet Wild

cgtech thanks for the info. I did some searching on here on breaking batteries in. Doesn't seem to hard. Im mostly doing short trips maybe not even a 1/2 mile a day. I also terrible keeping things on the charger. My kids power wheels basically hate me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO